LTO needs 6.8 billion peso to eliminate backlog

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, BrettGC said:

My medical was someone not medially qualified just clicking through a questionnaire without asking me any questions.  In Australia I have to wear glasses to drive, here I don't.  500php for the process.  They were doing "medicals" every 5 mins.   

The girl who did my medical was the first efficient person I've come across here. She was typing my details as fast as I was speaking, her fingers were a blur, all details taken and eye test done in just over one minute and as I left the chair the next person sat down.  Easily doing 3 people every 5 minutes and the queue never stopped being refilled, a serious money earner.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The girl who did my medical was the first efficient person I've come across here. She was typing my details as fast as I was speaking, her fingers were a blur, all details taken and eye test done in just over one minute and as I left the chair the next person sat down.  Easily doing 3 people every 5 minutes and the queue never stopped being refilled, a serious money earner.

My last physical was even faster than yours.  Paid my money and picked up the completed and signed physical form off the top of the stack.  Already signed by the doctor, all I had to do was fill in the personal info of name, etc.    I was happy to see that my health was fine.  :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2022 at 11:32 AM, Mike J said:

make the production of the license plates faster, which in the past are only being outsourced.

Could had allowed dealership to purchase a manual embossing machine, allocate them permanent registration numbers, and print the plate before customer leave the shop with the new motorcycle.

Alternative, allow temporary plates to be used for 1 year without any limitation.

Always a solution, if they really wanted to fix this never ending scandal.

Just saying

Edited by CebuAndy

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CebuAndy said:

Could had allowed dealership to purchase a manual embossing machine, allocate them permanent registration numbers, and print the plate before customer leave with the new motorcycle.

It's basically what they do in Australia, new car dealerships are issued a literal stack of plates to allocate.  Once issued they inform the state road transport authority which plates are issued to which car as part of the registration process.  

Edited by BrettGC

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

It's basically what they do in Australia, new car dealerships are issued a literal stack of plates to allocate.  Once issued they inform the state road transport authority which plates are issued to which car as part of the registration process.  

That is how it was done in Washington state.  Also every 10 years you had to replace the plates as they became unreadable.  Go to any DMV office (or satellite office) which has boxes of new plates.   Pay the fee and get a new set of plates.  Before you left the office the new number has been entered into the state wide computer system.   Only took a few minutes unless it was the last couple days of the month when the tags were ready to expire.  

USA (at least Washington state) - Build plates and send boxes of bulk plates to DMV offices, issue new plate to customer as required, update computer with new plate number. :thumbsup:

Philippine - Computer generates a new plate number, build plates (months or years go by), send to dealer (maybe), dealer sends to customer (maybe). :1927_:

• Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Mike J said:

That is how it was done in Washington state.  Also every 10 years you had to replace the plates as they became unreadable.  Go to any DMV office (or satellite office) which has boxes of new plates.   Pay the fee and get a new set of plates.  Before you left the office the new number has been entered into the state wide computer system.   Only took a few minutes unless it was the last couple days of the month when the tags were ready to expire.  

USA (at least Washington state) - Build plates and send boxes of bulk plates to DMV offices, issue new plate to customer as required, update computer with new plate number. :thumbsup:

Exactly the same as when I was living in Portland, OR.  

jimeve
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

her fingers were a blur

I have the same problem with my wife's fingers :shades:

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 7/20/2022 at 1:56 PM, jimeve said:

I have the same problem with my wife's fingers :shades:

Sounds a bit like home.

Wife - Honey I need 2000 peso.

Me - Okay just take it from my wallet.

Wife - You had extra money so I took four thousand.

Me - Okay

Wife - You need to get more cash, you don't have much left. 

:hystery:

• Haha 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 7/19/2022 at 2:49 PM, Snowy79 said:

Kidding of course Mr Snowy......We have been dealing with the head honcho of HPG the last week or so. What normally takes weeks and is very tedious to transfer ownership of a vehicle is done in a few days......The talk talk talk as its known expedites the swiftness of the service.

Plus a simple call from same to somebody had my partners student licence done in minutes. The so called compulsory driving test was a small cost and a signature.  The so called medical was one question from an ancient long retired doc, are you working.....P500 please, eye sight and BP were all completed without a finger on her.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Kidding of course Mr Snowy......We have been dealing with the head honcho of HPG the last week or so. What normally takes weeks and is very tedious to transfer ownership of a vehicle is done in a few days......The talk talk talk as its known expedites the swiftness of the service.

Plus a simple call from same to somebody had my partners student licence done in minutes. The so called compulsory driving test was a small cost and a signature.  The so called medical was one question from an ancient long retired doc, are you working.....P500 please, eye sight and BP were all completed without a finger on her.

I've come to expect ways to bypass the system here.  I was given a contact who likes foreigners for my annual vehicle registration, she would have everything done in under an hour and when she noticed my motorcycle had temporary plates she sorted it in under 30 mins, I'd been waiting three years on them, a couple of phone calls and a piece of paper then she sent me to a place that makes the plates, in and out in 5 mins and when I returned my vehicle documents had the new registration number. 

• Like 5