almost as a bad as a hardware store.... almost

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

A neighbor posted this in our FB group. :hystery:

Quick guide to buying wine at Puregold at Harbor Point:

1. Pick out your wine.
  2. Wait while a guy is called over to register the commission on the sale and write out a piece of paper with the sales details.
  3. Walk over to the main cashier and give her the piece of paper, and pay. (You're not allowed to bring the wine to the main cashier.)
  4. Wait while a guy is called to go fetch your wine from the wine area and bring it back to the main cashier after payment. (You're not allowed to get it yourself.)
  5. Cashier verifies that wine that was fetched matches wine that was paid for.
  6. Verify again upon exit that you did in fact pay for the wine.
After this easy six-step process, enjoy your wine. 🤣🤣🤣

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. 

Shame on them.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. 

Shame on them.

Other neighbors said the same about baby formula there.

They have a liquor / wine room with a dedicated cash register that, before COVID, you had to pay at.

Next to it is another room with baby formula, expensive lotions, other baby products, etc.  It also has a dedicated cash register that, before COVID, you had to pay at.

So they have two unused cash registers sitting there.  They still have staff there.  However, now some brilliant manager has come up with this fantastic new plan!  :hystery:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Italy has something similar.  You select the merchandise, and a salesperson hands you a slip of paper with the price.  Show it to the cashier at the opposite end of the room and pay.  The receipt is taken back to the salesperson who then gives you the merchandise.  A guard at the door checks the merchandise and verifies you had paid for it before permitting you to exit.  Works okay and provides lots of employment.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

enjoy your wine.

Sounds like a two-fer.  You get wine and whine for one low price!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Works okay and provides lots of employment.  

...and adds how much to the overhead that we, the customer, ultimately have to cover?

Sorry, it's a nonsense IMO.

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

..and adds how much to the overhead that we, the customer, ultimately have to cover?

Sorry, it's a nonsense IMO.

Sorry.  I was being sarcastic.  It's the same in the Philippines.  Clerks all over the store to inform customers, "out of stock."  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Clerks all over the store to inform customers, "out of stock."

What has always made me roll my eyes, is when you ask to buy an item and you get the "out of stock" answer, I always want to scream "THEN WHY IS IT STILL DISPLAYED!!!!"

But I usually calmly ask, since I know most major items are imported, "when is the next batch due in?" All I have ever gotten was the deer in the headlights look :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

deer in headlights.jpg

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, scott h said:

What has always made me roll my eyes, is when you ask to buy an item and you get the "out of stock" answer, I always want to scream "THEN WHY IS IT STILL DISPLAYED!!!!"

But I usually calmly ask, since I know most major items are imported, "when is the next batch due in?" All I have ever gotten was the deer in the headlights look :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Try asking if you can buy the display unit.  They will probably explain this is not possible because customers wouldn't know what's for sale.  Huh?  You don't have anything for sale since the item is out of stock.  Never mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1