Buying Wine

Colsie
Posted
Posted
On 7/22/2022 at 1:23 PM, OnMyWay said:

A neighbor posted this in our FB group. :hystery:

Quick guide to buying wine at Puregold at Harbor Point:

1. Pick out your wine.
  2. Wait while a guy is called over to register the commission on the sale and write out a piece of paper with the sales details.
  3. Walk over to the main cashier and give her the piece of paper, and pay. (You're not allowed to bring the wine to the main cashier.)
  4. Wait while a guy is called to go fetch your wine from the wine area and bring it back to the main cashier after payment. (You're not allowed to get it yourself.)
  5. Cashier verifies that wine that was fetched matches wine that was paid for.
  6. Verify again upon exit that you did in fact pay for the wine.
After this easy six-step process, enjoy your wine. 🤣🤣🤣

Shopee is your friend... 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, scott h said:

What has always made me roll my eyes, is when you ask to buy an item and you get the "out of stock" answer,

I have discovered a way to reduce the "out of stock" replies.  Quite a few items here either have a different name or are pronounced differently than what we expect.  For odd items I find an image on my phone using google and show them the picture.  Worked so far for shoe laces, binder clips, the air relief valve that goes into the stem on your wheels, carriage bolts, etc.  

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 7/22/2022 at 1:23 PM, OnMyWay said:

1. Pick out your wine.
  2. Wait while a guy is called over to register the commission on the sale and write out a piece of paper with the sales details.
  3. Walk over to the main cashier and give her the piece of paper, and pay. (You're not allowed to bring the wine to the main cashier.)
  4. Wait while a guy is called to go fetch your wine from the wine area and bring it back to the main cashier after payment. (You're not allowed to get it yourself.)
  5. Cashier verifies that wine that was fetched matches wine that was paid for.
  6. Verify again upon exit that you did in fact pay for the wine.

I remember it well, the new way is much better

1. Pick out your wine, on your phone.

2. Click "Add to cart" and purchase.

3. Wait in your home for the wine to be delivered to your front door.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have discovered a way to reduce the "out of stock" replies.  Quite a few items here either have a different name or are pronounced differently than what we expect.  For odd items I find an image on my phone using google and show them the picture.  Worked so far for shoe laces, binder clips, the air relief valve that goes into the stem on your wheels, carriage bolts, etc.  

It could be "out of stock" is a polite way of saying, "I don't know what you want."  Similarly, when you ask directions, a Filipino may say, "do'un" or "over there" in response.  This reply means, "I don't know" but I am embarrassed to admit it.  

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, JJReyes said:

It could be "out of stock" is a polite way of saying, "I don't know what you want."  Similarly, when you ask directions, a Filipino may say, "do'un" or "over there" in response.  This reply means, "I don't know" but I am embarrassed to admit it.  

Definitely agree chances are they don't understand what you want.  I was hungry once and when into sari sari for instant noodles, I went through every name I could think of asking for them and got the no stock reply. In the end I just pointed to the two rows of instant noodles directly behind the guy on the shelf. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I went to two big hardware stores looking for this type of product and they had no idea what I was talking about, so of course, out of stock.  Went to an old reliable store in Olongapo and asked for expansion foam, and the young counter girl turned, pointed and said, your mean this?  Very well trained staff who don't have to BS.  Bad parking is why I don't go often.

295475582_1108024733125457_8359617493734555977_n.jpg