Jump to content

Sunbathing


Jake

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

This is CWO Brett sun bathing on Steel Beach.  And then comes this announcement.....EMERGENCY BLOW -- DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!

steel beach.PNG

Edited by Jake
spel chek
  • Like 1
  • Love it 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jake said:

This is CWO Brett sun bathing on Steal Beach.  And then comes this announcement.....EMERGENCY BLOW -- DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!

steel beach.PNG

We used to do this on the rare occasions we were surfaced but with a beer (Aussie navy isn't "dry") and a BBQ.  The most memorable was in transit to Guam and we had a swim over the Marianas trench (deepest water on the planet).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BrettGC said:

We used to do this on the rare occasions we were surfaced but with a beer (Aussie navy isn't "dry") and a BBQ.  The most memorable was in transit to Guam and we had a swim over the Marianas trench (deepest water on the planet).

Triple LIKE Brett.  I often wonder how that works with all the Queen's ships allowing alcohol rations.  I guess it started out with rum back in the day?  I will assume a maximum daily ration but I see a loophole in that, I think.  Can you save the beer(s) you hid under your pillow from the previous day and then get totally plastered while taking the helm?  I mean, who's gonna pull you over when you're speeding anyway?  Also, what kind of beverage are allowed?  

All kidding aside, you bubbleheads are the silent warriors.  I've been in a Los Angeles class.  Shock and awe would be a minimum adjective on how I felt.  It was so damn cold down there.  You guys live and work within an actual warhead, prowling the seas like a ninja warrior in the dark.  

Respectfully Jake 

Edited by Jake
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jake, you post a pic of half-naked sunbathing sailors and then mention "Emergency Blow".  I think you or Brett need to clarify in detail what "Emergency Blow" means on a sub full of half naked male sailors.  :whistling:

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

Jake, you post a pic of half-naked sunbathing sailors and then mention "Emergency Blow".  I think you or Brett need to clarify in detail what "Emergency Blow" means on a sub full of half naked male sailors.  :whistling:

Hundred sailors go down and fifty couples return to port.  By the way, they now allow female sailors in the silent navy.  Hot racking has a whole new meaning these days.  

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jake said:

Hundred sailors go down and fifty couples return to port

like the old joke"what's long and hard and full of seamen?" That's why i spent my navy time working on S-3's, the the silent navy is just strange..............

  • Love it 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jake said:

....EMERGENCY BLOW -- DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!

 

Thanks for the clarification as I thought that was something sailors only did in the cr (read into that whatever you want). 🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gator said:

Thanks for the clarification as I thought that was something sailors only did in the cr (read into that whatever you want). 🤣

Now I know why sailors can't march. :1927_:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gbmmbg said:

like the old joke"what's long and hard and full of seamen?" That's why i spent my navy time working on S-3's, the the silent navy is just strange..............

Wow, didn't realize you were involved as sub hunters.  The S-3 Viking also served as a tanker, right?  Watch out Brett, Gbmmbg will stick one up your butt.  

Well done Shipmate.  Respectfully Jake ETCM(sw)-CMC USS TRUXTUN CGN-35 retarded

s3.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Jake said:

Wow, didn't realize you were involved as sub hunters.  The S-3 Viking also served as a tanker, right?  Watch out Brett, Gbmmbg will stick one up your butt.  

Well done Shipmate.  Respectfully Jake ETCM(sw)-CMC USS TRUXTUN CGN-35 retarded

s3.PNG

Whilst I respect the guys dropping to sonabuoys, personally I was never "bounced" by them.  We were in diesel/electric boats, the quietest on the planet.  Much harder to find in free play than a nuke boat.    

One of our proudest moments was doing and "underwater look" (taking photo's, audio and video of their screws etc) on USS Ronald Reagan that had a full screen of ASW destroyers and frigates around it and they had no idea we were part of the exercise.  That was the point of it, it was pre-deployment prep before we went on patrol playing for real in places we were not supposed to be.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...