Steaks

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I forgot to add that this dystopian thriller, based on a 1966 novel is set in............  2022...... "where "overpopulation, pollution and an apparent climate catastrophe have caused severe worldwide shortages of food, water and housing...."

Compared to the oncoming reality of the years that followed the author's writing, it now seems he lacked imagination.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

It is $275.24 per kilo X 3.814 kilos = $1049.77 DOLLARS = 58,755.43 PESOS.

What throws people off is the price in $.  Royal Duty Free has many things priced in $.

Several medium to high end restos here in the freeport have Wagyu on the menu.  I wonder if they just buy it at Royal like this?  I can't imagine a individual buying one of those for BBQ at home, and they probably had 10 chunks like that.

We went to Extremely Expresso at SM Central Olongapo for lunch today, and they had Wagyu for 2200, which I think is the best price I have noticed.  Two others had it for 2600.  If I ever felt rich and wanted to try Wagyu, I would probably go to The Clubhouse at the golf course here.  I suspect it is very expensive.  A really nice Japanese guy who is a neighbor runs the place, and I would bet they know their Wagyu!

THE JAPANESE BLACK WAGYU
Beautiful marbling and softness that melts in your mouth.
Imported and carefully curated from Kagoshima, Japan by our Japanese staff.
Offered here at SIGC The Clubhouse Restaurant. One of the few that serves Japanese Black Wagyu in the Philippines.
Our Wagyu Traceability Information
(As of Aug 3, 2022)
ID number : 1394032097
Type : Japanese Black
Grade: A5
Owner/Keeper: Haruyuki Yamaguchi / Satsuma, Kagoshima, Japan
📍 Subic International Golf Club
6900 Binictican Drive, Subic Bay Freeport Zone
🕕 6:30am - 8:00pm (cutoff 7:00pm)
📲 call or txt: 0917-163-5672
Closed on Mondays
297247630_146505581359535_7574747754236821777_n.jpg
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

After viewing the cost of that steak, I flashed back to the 1973 film classic, 'Soylent Green' where Charlton Heston opens the high rise apartment refrigerator, belonging to the elite class dead man,  and discovers real meat and a real tomato.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

Upon reflection, in some ways, we are  partially there  in many parts of the world.

Here in the PI, the wealthy elite have their spacious, fortified homes w/private security, etc.  Community water wells and spigots serve many of the lower economic classes and safe, purified drinking water does cost more than some can afford in places.

Maybe you could make a case for having a live-in concubine that comes with the nice apartment as part of the "furniture" as well, if you stretch a bit.

I watched a youtuber's vid of a ferry ride a month or two ago, where the passengers were having to sit on the stairways, just like in the movie.

I hope the world and the PI does not follow the entire script to its conclusion.

5 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

I forgot to add that this dystopian thriller, based on a 1966 novel is set in............  2022...... "where "overpopulation, pollution and an apparent climate catastrophe have caused severe worldwide shortages of food, water and housing...."

Compared to the oncoming reality of the years that followed the author's writing, it now seems he lacked imagination.

It's just a steak, man!  Your bringing me down.:SugarwareZ-034:    :hystery:

I loved Soylent Green (the movie) back in the day!  I'm going to look it up and watch it again.  I didn't know it was 2022!

• Haha 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My mother-in-law's wealthy friend gifted the family a kilo of thinly sliced beef reputed to be $500.00.  It was for a shabu-shabu dinner at a family home in Tokyo.  Let's just say I became greedy that night consuming about 25% of the meat.  My wife claims more like 35% to 40%.  They awarded me the pedigree medallion and certificate explaining (in Japanese) the lineage, name and age of the steer I had consumed.  Was it good!  Close to perfection.

• Like 2