Scoot Airlines luggage

Colsie
Posted
Posted

Flew Scoot from Perth to Manila the other day.  The connecting flight was in Singapore. The plane arrived on time in Perth, but took 1hr 40 mins to de-plane and board instead of the allotted time of 60 minutes. Not sure why it was delayed so long. The plane looked full, and the Scoot 787 Dreamliner has a capacity of 375 seats. 

Arriving in Singapore an hour before the connecting flight would depart, made it over to the gate to Manila just after it had opened and boarded the A321plane without drama. 

Arrived in Manila 5 mins ahead of schedule. But after waiting patiently for an hour as the last bags were unloaded, found that even though I had got the connecting flight, my bicycle, pasulobung and other personal items hadn't been put on my flight. 

I filled in the baggage irregularity form with the Scoot rep, who said that the baggage will arrive on another flight tonight and be forwarded onto my address that she took... Since then nothing... No contact an no luggage.. I've lost everything in my baggage...tried numerous ways to to contact the airline, all found to be frustrating waste of time. 

The rep took my baggage claim stub, so maybe its now long gone..

Has anyway on this forum experienced baggage loss with Scoot and what transpired? 

The only recourse I have now is to file a claim against the airline through some obscure agent in Singapore office... My travel ordeal is complete :bonk:

Colsie
Posted
Posted

The baggage claim contact in Singapore is an obscure sounding third party C/O Charles Taylor Aviation located in Singapore. 

No email address but a fax number... Yes... Fax number...  Deadline of 7 days to file a claim from when the baggage went missing ...I guess they don't want to be contacted 

What a firkin nightmare.. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Colsie said:

The baggage claim contact in Singapore is an obscure sounding third party C/O Charles Taylor Aviation located in Singapore. 

No email address but a fax number... Yes... Fax number...  Deadline of 7 days to file a claim from when the baggage went missing ...I guess they don't want to be contacted 

What a firkin nightmare.. 

You should try contacting Singapore directly.

Last month both my wife and her sister flew into Singapore from US but via Scoot to Cebu. Both cases Scoot did not have all their luggage. Filled out forms and it arrived two days later and three days later. We had to go to the airport on Mactan to retrieve the lost luggage. Twice! 

Edited by Old55
  • Thanks 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Old55 said:

You should try contacting Singapore directly.

Last month both my wife and her sister flew into Singapore from US but via Scoot to Cebu. Both cases Scoot did not have all their luggage. Filled out forms and it arrived two days later and three days later. We had to go to the airport on Mactan to retrieve the lost luggage. Twice! 

Thanks for your feedback Old55

What number in Singapore did you use to contact them? 

I cannot go to airport in Manila very easily from here in the province and no idea whether the baggage is there or sent on to Tacloban city or sent to my home address as I was told it would be... 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

They did not call Singapore but filled out the lost luggage paperwork. You should have a copy of what you filled out and chose email or phone notification. 

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

This is why where possible I fly direct.  I know you can't from Perth but a domestic flight to Sydney, stay overnight, then direct to Manila may have prevented this? Granted,  claiming all your gear in Sydney then re-checking it would've been a PITA.

Hindsight is always 20/20.  Your bad experience has taught us all something.

• Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

They did not call Singapore but filled out the lost luggage paperwork. You should have a copy of what you filled out and chose email or phone notification. 

Yes my phone number and email is on the form I filled out and yet nobody has tried to contact me.  I have no way of contacting the airline woman who took the form and my luggage tag from me. I have a copy of the form on my phone.

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

This is why where possible I fly direct.  I know you can't from Perth but a domestic flight to Sydney, stay overnight, then direct to Manila may have prevented this? Granted,  claiming all your gear in Sydney then re-checking it would've been a PITA.

Sounds both expensive and time consuming...

I should have/could have expected better service from the airline...

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Indeed. Avoid Scoot is my lesson from this.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, BrettGC said:

This is why where possible I fly direct. 

This is true.  Chances of your baggage not loaded are very slim.  Nearly all lost baggage happens when your transfer air carriers.  Time allotted for both passengers and their stuff is based on ideal conditions.  

• Like 2