Scoot Airlines luggage

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Colsie said:

I filled in the baggage irregularity form with the Scoot rep, who said that the baggage will arrive on another flight tonight and be forwarded onto my address that she took... Since then nothing..

As I said in another topic a similar thing happened to me only days ago but we were lucky to get our luggage back on Sunday morning which was lost on Friday night.  Could not contact the number they gave. Their website/Facebook is full of complaints. We bought a few things mainly for her as I was happy to just wash my clothes and reuse but her complaints such as my hair iron, my new clothes she never had worn etc was enough to give me a nervous breakdown and not to mention many hours wasted in a mall while she looked for clothes. Yes we had insurance but not thinking I did not keep all receipts and probably a waste of time anyway. 

The way they contacted me was through Whatsapp message as when we arrived in Malaysia we obviously had no local number but WhatsApp works with our smart number.

As far as I see all airlines have the same contractor to handle baggage for example in Malaysia there is only one office which controls all luggage so from what l see its not an airline issue but rather a contractor issue no matter what airline you fly baggage is taken care of by the same contractor which makes sense as there would be a lot of issues if every airline had their own system.

Hope you get your things back and it might just take time.  Years ago it happened to me here in Cebu from Singapore airlines cheap version which is now Scoot and here in the Philippines they dont deliver and I had to go back to the airport to pick up and their reasoning is I had to take it through customs. 

My guess as we were waiting for a taxi at Mactan airport once arriving home was l seen another guy and Filipina came to arrivals to pick up lost luggage as normally you dont come to arrivals via taxi and the taxi waited for them so l bet they were their for lost luggage l think.

Just to add, while filling in forms in Malaysia with crazy, tired and angry partner an American was losing it as they told him 3 days which he said he would be back in the Philippines by then so how does he get is things he argued? 

baggage.jpg

• Thanks 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted

@JollygoodfellowI guess the Scoot rep was not being truthful when she said they would ship my lost baggage onto my address, if I have to be the one to bring it through customs. She also took my baggage tag and put it on the form... Never again :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Colsie said:

I should have/could have expected better service from the airline...

Some times our ole Dad's were right when they told us....

you-get-what-you-pay-for.webp

• Like 3

Colsie
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, scott h said:

Some times our ole Dad's were right when they told us....

you-get-what-you-pay-for.webp

Not quite... I paid 120 AUD for the baggage allowance... No I didn't get what I paid for.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted

3 days of no contact and tonight I get a call saying my baggage has arrived in Manila and will be flown to the local airport in a few days...light at the end of the tunnel :dance:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Colsie said:

3 days of no contact and tonight I get a call saying my baggage has arrived in Manila and will be flown to the local airport in a few days...light at the end of the tunnel :dance:

Great to hear this Colsie. Happy for you.

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Colsie said:

...light at the end of the tunnel :dance:

Is it coming by train? :hystery:

Seriously, lost luggage must be a nightmare so great news!

• Haha 2