First visa run in September.

The Carabao Whisperer
Posted
Posted

My 3 years are up in January, So I plan going to Singapore, I thought I will stay 3 days there since that is a believable vacation duration in Singapore.

I don't have friends or relationship so I am worried about my property etc if I get denied entry, I admit I am pretty anxious,that's why I want to do it now to get over with it.

I could sleep 3 days in the Changi airport it is like a theme park... since I don't want to waste any money I just want to renew my visa.

Give me some reassurance to calm my nerves

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Carabao Whisperer said:

My 3 years are up in January, So I plan going to Singapore, I thought I will stay 3 days there since that is a believable vacation duration in Singapore.

I don't have friends or relationship so I am worried about my property etc if I get denied entry, I admit I am pretty anxious,that's why I want to do it now to get over with it.

I could sleep 3 days in the Changi airport it is like a theme park... since I don't want to waste any money I just want to renew my visa.

In the past people have quite literally flown out in the morning and come back in the evening so your 3 days is more than sufficient. 

I'm not sure they'd allow the same day trips anymore but it used to be if not a regular thing, not unheard of.   I hope someone can clarify.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

Colsie
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, The Carabao Whisperer said:

I went to Singapore the other week and 15 minutes before landing I ask the flight assistant for an arrival card to fill out... That's when I found out they've stopped using the cards and you have to do the arrival details online... Luckily Changi has free WiFi and the queue through immigation was long... 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, The Carabao Whisperer said:

Now to enter Singapore you apply for an entry permit online or that was my understanding when considering spending a day there recently from my research but you can check it out. I think the immigration process is all do it yourself now when going through the airport like the Filipinos do in Cebu and probably Manila. Find app link, https://app.singpass.gov.sg/# More info and arrival card online, https://www.ica.gov.sg/eservicesandforms . 

As for staying in the airport, I spent 12 hours and that was enough. Most things are closed late at night and nothing to do. Was not the same as it was pre covid. 

I have said in other topics if entering through Cebu you most likely will be grilled and told to get a visa next time. Don't know about Manila. Don't forget your ECC and the Philippines "one health pass" and also you must have 3 shots to get back in.

Not sure why you are concerned or want to do a visa run so early. Find the cheapest flights and work from there. 

• Like 3

Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted
On 8/31/2022 at 6:16 PM, The Carabao Whisperer said:

Hi @The Carabao Whisperer why not look into Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia? Air Asia goes outa NAIA 3 for around 5k return between , flight time is around 2 hrs & the place is an inexpensive destination to spend a few days.

I've had many 8-10 hr layovers in Changi & personally apart from garden of harmony, butterfly garden & a couple of other gardens (there is 10) there isn't a lot to do except spend a fortune getting a beer or food imo. Just a thought. Hope all goes well.

• Like 4

The Carabao Whisperer
Posted
Posted
On 9/1/2022 at 1:57 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure why you are concerned or want to do a visa run so early. Find the cheapest flights and work from there. 

My parents is visit me otc-nov, so I need to go in september or december, I thought going early would have higher change of success.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, The Carabao Whisperer said:

My parents is visit me otc-nov, so I need to go in september or december, I thought going early would have higher change of success.

And give you peace of mind. One less thing to stress about. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, The Carabao Whisperer said:

I think in December flight prices will shoot up due to OFW returning home. 

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

December flight prices will shoot up due to OFW returning home. 

Historically, December incoming flights are full, and January outgoing flights are full.  Very few discounted fares during those two months except for contra flow.  

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 9/4/2022 at 8:08 PM, Snowy79 said:

I think in December flight prices will shoot up due to OFW returning home. 

From all countries? Or mainly the U.S.?