2023 Annual report guide

BC57
Posted
Posted
On 11/4/2022 at 12:13 PM, hk blues said:

I get that but maybe they have decided the appointment system is worth keeping as it stops the previous situation of a long line of folk on Day 1.  Personally, I usually go towards the last week of January.  

I registered but when the appointment page is up it is greyed out (not active), and the main office is in the location box. Do they activate the appointment section later?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BC57 said:

I registered but when the appointment page is up it is greyed out (not active), and the main office is in the location box. Do they activate the appointment section later?

Good question.

Same with me, greyed out, main office only and purpose not Annual Report. 

I will check again Jan 1 but assume they've abandoned the appointment system post-covid. If you look at the confirmation slip that appears on the screen (the print one that doesn't print) you can see it says attend ANY BI office and no time is mentioned- that's what I'm basing my assumption on.

I think they now just want to make sure all the data they hold is updated hence the need to register every year.

• Like 3

BC57
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Good question.

Same with me, greyed out, main office only and purpose not Annual Report. 

I will check again Jan 1 but assume they've abandoned the appointment system post-covid. If you look at the confirmation slip that appears on the screen (the print one that doesn't print) you can see it says attend ANY BI office and no time is mentioned- that's what I'm basing my assumption on.

I think they now just want to make sure all the data they hold is updated hence the need to register every year.

I think what you said sounds about right. I also couldn't print the confirmation slip either but I took a screen shot of it and will print it that way. Thanks for the response.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I got the Registration done and as we are told here no appointment can be made, I went to their FB page and asked them. the reply was

****** Good day. Our online scheduling system is only applicable at BI Main Office. For satellite offices, you may walk in without an appointment. Thank you*****. Just turn up but take the printed Form to show you are registered, this makes it easier for them to find you on the system. :merrychristmas:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
hk blues
Posted
Posted

I did mine today - in and out in about 10 minutes.  Guard as grumpy as ever - wouldn't lend me a pen to complete the form!  Interestingly this time no need to hand over originals of passport or ACR, copies sufficient and receipt issued immediately.  They did take (another) photo for some reason.  No fingerprinting.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Guard as grumpy as ever - wouldn't lend me a pen to complete the form! 

Can I ask, what form?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Can I ask, what form?

Just the simplest of simple form which is required every time - they give it to us when we report - name/address/ID number/date of latest entry.  At least, it's the case for Iloilo, Jack, but as we always say...

• Hmm thinking 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Can I ask, what form?

No form required at the Cagayan de Oro office. BI have a temporary desk for Annual Reports outside of the BI office which is in a mall concourse. Three BI officers are at the desk. Hand your passport and ACR card to the first. He inputs your data into a computer terminal, hands your docs to the second guy who takes your photo on a second computer. He tells you to go to the cashier to pay the 310php fee. You return to the outside desk and show your receipt to the third guy who records the payment on a third computer and he asked for my email address and telephone number which he entered into the computer and he gave me a password. Apparently next year the AR will be done online, no visit required, and you need those details to log on to their website next year. It took all of 5 minutes!

Remarkably efficient!

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Huggybearman said:

No form required at the Cagayan de Oro office. BI have a temporary desk for Annual Reports outside of the BI office which is in a mall concourse. Three BI officers are at the desk. Hand your passport and ACR card to the first. He inputs your data into a computer terminal, hands your docs to the second guy who takes your photo on a second computer. He tells you to go to the cashier to pay the 310php fee. You return to the outside desk and show your receipt to the third guy who records the payment on a third computer and he asked for my email address and telephone number which he entered into the computer and he gave me a password. Apparently next year the AR will be done online, no visit required, and you need those details to log on to their website next year. It took all of 5 minutes!

Remarkably efficient!

Totally different to how it's done in Iloilo.  Fill in basic form as mentioned, give copy passport and copy ACR to guard - go inside to have pic taken - pay at cashier and off you go.  What you describe is what we had in place in iloilo 4 or 5 years ago as a one-off to get the details online.  I wonder if your office is just behind the curve based on what you have described?

As for AR being done online - that surprises me as I though the whole purpose was to ensure people were actually in the country and it's a money-spinner for BI when they're not and eventually have to report late.  

• 3 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 1/20/2023 at 6:11 PM, hk blues said:

Totally different to how it's done in Iloilo.  Fill in basic form as mentioned, give copy passport and copy ACR to guard - go inside to have pic taken - pay at cashier and off you go.  What you describe is what we had in place in iloilo 4 or 5 years ago as a one-off to get the details online.  I wonder if your office is just behind the curve based on what you have described?

As for AR being done online - that surprises me as I though the whole purpose was to ensure people were actually in the country and it's a money-spinner for BI when they're not and eventually have to report late.  

Just to clarify....

Apparently they still allow the manual form, but the way it is supposed to be done is to fill the form online, print the QR code, and bring it to almost any office.

You create your account here:

https://e-services.immigration.gov.ph/

I already had an account so my basic info was pre-populated.  I found the online form filling to be about 5 years behind the rest of the world, but it worked.  Typical.  Have your passport ready because I took too long and lost everything the first try.

Once you have your QR code, go to the office with your passport, ACR, 310 pesos, and QR code.  No form filling at the office and very quick, even though there is one new thing.  At Olongapo, they still make you fill in a Covid tracing log.  Lame.

The new thing is that they take your digital picture.  First time for me.