YMCA

Joey G
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Is your Y free or there is some kind of membership?  We are thinking about moving to the new pool for the next level for the kids.  The new one is called WOW and is in the middle of a complex of retail and offices.  Next to Remy field, for those of you familiar with the area.  Actually, the WOW pool outfit runs the our classes at the Y.  If we move, we will need to pay a daily pool fee of p150 + the same instructor fee.  Or the pool fee can be weekly for a small discount.

I wish I could still swim like I used to.  Now that I have lost weight I might try again.  I have a shoulder problem that prevents me from a proper crawl, and arthritis in my hip / leg that hurts when I kick.  Mostly I stick with breast stroke now.  If my kids go to the new pools and might join while they have their lesson.

Not free.... $80/month for two of us... we spend 2 hours/day there 4-5 days a week... so it's a good deal.... full size gym, free classes, weight room, aerobic equipment, and the pool.

Hey if you can breast stroke.... do it... start short... and just increase a little each week.... great for the lungs.  I've been living with damaged L3/L4 disc for 30 years... the swim keeps me loose and off med's and surgery.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Kid's lesson was cancelled yesterday because of a special pool cleaning.

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 11/12/2022 at 4:42 AM, Joey G said:

I that 25M?  Nice outdoor pool. I put 2 miles a day in, 4 days a week, at our Y... best exercise you can do. 

Well, I respectfully disagree.. there is one other exercise that is better and more relaxing...:whistling:

Joey G
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Well, I respectfully disagree.. there is one other exercise that is better and more relaxing...:whistling:

Hahaha... okay, you went there :biggrin:... but do you do it alone????:hystery::hystery:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Joey G said:

Hahaha... okay, you went there :biggrin:... but do you do it alone????:hystery::hystery:

Never!!!