Legazpi Sunday Market

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are two well-known open markets in Makati.  The Saturday version is Salcedo Village Park and on Sundays, it's at Legazpi Village Park.  However, our condo building concierge desk, security guards, and even the taxi driver, never heard of it.

Legazpi is a ritzy neighborhood located behind the Asian Institute of Management.  Quite a large number of dogs were being paraded around including Alaskan huskies and Siberians.  Why ownerswould they have furry animal meant for really cold climates is beyond me.  Did someone forget the Philippines is in the tropics?  Another obervation are dogs were being transported in baby carriages.  This defeats the purpose of walking them for exercise.  Most obtrusive group were weekend cyclists in full regalia.  Their bikes blocked the narrow paths and access to cashiers.

The majority of stalls offered international food with chairs and tables provided for those who were hungry.  I purchased Paella Valencia and a whole crab cooked with Taosi sauce for my dinner.  And a wonderful bibingka for dessert.

(Photos taken by Cathi for her daily blog.)

Legazpi Sunday Market 03.jpg

Legazpi Sunday Market 02.jpg

Legazpi Sunday Market 01.jpg

Legazpi Sunday Market 04.jpg

Edited by JJReyes
Changed Image Format
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

JJ could you please edit your posted pictures using the tool found bottom left?

Edited by Old55

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Old55 said:

JJ could you please edit your posted pictures using the tool found bottom left?

I don't see the tool on the bottom left.  Can someone guide me with the technical procedure.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Can someone guide me with the technical procedure.

As far as I can tell, you have uploaded PDF files that contain images rather than just the images themselves.  It means people have to down load each file just to look at the pics when we prefer the instant gratification of having an inline picture.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

As far as I can tell, you have uploaded PDF files that contain images rather than just the images themselves.  It means people have to down load each file just to look at the pics when we prefer the instant gratification of having an inline picture.

Thanks for your assistance.  

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I have a few friends who run stalls at both markets. Both are good and always busy.

And totally agree about people parading dogs that are totally unsuitable for this climate. Gor me its verging on animal cruelty, but no doubt they have gram feeds filled with likes from whoever likes these things so therefor the dog owners have established their value , but certainly not their virtue.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

The dog situation here has always mystified me. Some people buy the most inappropriate dogs and treat them better than they treat their children. Others claim a dog but let it run wild. One city counselor that lived near my former residence had 2 dogs in separate raised 4 foot square cages. In three years no one I knew ever saw them outside the cages. Meanwhile rabies clinics are everywhere.

• Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Greglm said:

The dog situation here has always mystified me.

Still does.  A decade ago, a nice fat dog in a backwater province was often someone's dinner.  It was common to thank the generous foreigner for feeding the family pooch and then slaughtering the poor thing when no one was looking.  I am told, by my wife, that people do not do that much any more because some shrew of a neighbor is going to turn the dog eaters in to the authorities.  Now I do not know whether to believe my eyes from a decade ago or my wife's wisdom from current times.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Greglm said:

The dog situation here has always mystified me. Some people buy the most inappropriate dogs and treat them better than they treat their children. Others claim a dog but let it run wild. One city counselor that lived near my former residence had 2 dogs in separate raised 4 foot square cages. In three years no one I knew ever saw them outside the cages. Meanwhile rabies clinics are everywhere.

In our street, the family opposite have 3 dogs - they do take them for a brief walk i.e. about 5 metres frequently.  Next door have a breeding business so they keep theirs inside the cages but 1 of them seems to get out for a walk once in a Blue Moon.  The house opposite have 4 dogs and they are permanently kept in their cages or on a short leash.  From a Western perspective I don't get it but that's not unusual for me or here! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

On saturday and sunday mornings Im often walking on Ayala avenue where all the apartment buildings are. The maids stroll out the building each with one or two dogs ( the ones with little boyw, and paws in shoes etc ).. the congregate on Ayala ave, sit and tsismis for you 30 minutes, lots of playing on phones, dogs just hang around and often fall asleep.

30 minutes later, maid goes home " Did you walk the dog"?  " Yes maam we went far, dog had good excercise today "

• Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1