G-Cash, How to get It

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I purchased a portable WiFi from Globe that requires load.  Although the purchases from the Globe Store in Greenbelt is suppose to be for two weeks, it runs out early at the most inopportune time.  The solution is to purchase the load online, but the Globe website won't accept credit cards from foreign countries.  The suggestion given is to get a G-Cash card which can substitute for a local issue credit card.  It works like a debit card.  How do you get one?

Gator
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

I purchased a portable WiFi from Globe that requires load.  Although the purchases from the Globe Store in Greenbelt is suppose to be for two weeks, it runs out early at the most inopportune time.  The solution is to purchase the load online, but the Globe website won't accept credit cards from foreign countries.  The suggestion given is to get a G-Cash card which can substitute for a local issue credit card.  It works like a debit card.  How do you get one?

Looks like the cards are only for fully verified GCash users; are you? Looks like it’s fairly straight forward and simple, but this is the Philippines. This article explains the process on how to obtain one:

https://www.moneymax.ph/personal-finance/articles/gcash-mastercard

Freebie
Posted
Posted

You could always get something like Pokefi. Pocket wifi that works well in about 100 countries, so no need for sims in other countries. It certainly works here.

Much better than the very basic Globe wifi unit.  And to add load can use a card from any country you choose. The load you buy lasts in most packages for one year.

availsble on Lazada. Just an alternative to the  Gcash route

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

The suggestion given is to get a G-Cash card which can substitute for a local issue credit card.  It works like a debit card.  How do you get one?

Everyone here uses Gcash. Most stores  including supermarkets and restaurants have the option to pay with Gcash. Instal the app. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

You can buy your load from Lazada, foreign cards not a problem.  You could also buy the prepaid load cards which have values up to 1000 peso.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

or if you use Worldremit you can buy load from them. Grab as well. Machines in 7/11 but I have never used. Most local banks with online banking allow load transfer. If all else fails Google buy load and there are online places to get it.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

You can buy your load from Lazada, foreign cards not a problem.

Grab too.

All the 'portable pocket wifi' things aren't needed either, just use your phone.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Just now, Kingpin said:

Grab too.

All the 'portable pocket wifi' things aren't needed either, just use your phone.

Yep, just share the connection to other devices if needed.  

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, BrettGC said:

Yep, just share the connection to other devices if needed.  

Yep...I toyed with the idea of getting one as a back- up for my fiber connection but there was no compelling argument in favour of using it over tethering my phone to my laptop and using the phone's WiFi connection. The Globe assistant acknowledged this was the case.

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yep...I toyed with the idea of getting one as a back- up for my fiber connection but there was no compelling argument in favour of using it over tethering my phone to my laptop and using the phone's WiFi connection.

What's the compelling argument in favor of a wired connection? Especially with 5G, I cancelled the landline after Odette and haven't missed it once.