G-Cash, How to get It

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

no compelling argument

Just now, Kingpin said:

What's the compelling argument in favor of a wired connection? Especially with 5G, I cancelled the landline after Odette and haven't missed it once.

He said no compelling argument. 

• Like 2

Joey G
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The solution is to purchase the load online, but the Globe website won't accept credit cards from foreign countries.

HOLY COW!!!!   You found a place in the Philippines that refuses to take your money??????!!!!!!! :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I purchased a portable WiFi from Globe that requires load.  Although the purchases from the Globe Store in Greenbelt is suppose to be for two weeks, it runs out early at the most inopportune time.  The solution is to purchase the load online, but the Globe website won't accept credit cards from foreign countries.  The suggestion given is to get a G-Cash card which can substitute for a local issue credit card.  It works like a debit card.  How do you get one?

A regular load for Globe pocket wifi does get used up too fast. When you get a load ask for a "promo" deal. Finally figured this out after a kindly clerk explained to me that only someone who doesn't know any better asks for a "regular load".

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, BrettGC said:

9 hours ago, hk blues said:

as a back- up for my fiber connection

I asked what's the compelling argument for the fiber connection:

9 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Especially with 5G, I cancelled the landline after Odette and haven't missed it once.

• Like 1

bob1965
Posted
Posted

GCash is pretty easy to get, and you don’t need to get a physical card to get load, buy stuff in shops etc. download the GCash app. Set up an account. Add some money. Done, you can buy load.

depending on what you want to do beyond buying stuff with the app, you get levels of verification. Send a pic for semi verified. Send I pic of govt I.D. For full verification. Canadian ID worked fine for me. It’s easy to use.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bob1965 said:

GCash is pretty easy to get, and you don’t need to get a physical card to get load, buy stuff in shops etc. download the GCash app. Set up an account. Add some money. Done, you can buy load.

depending on what you want to do beyond buying stuff with the app, you get levels of verification. Send a pic for semi verified. Send I pic of govt I.D. For full verification. Canadian ID worked fine for me. It’s easy to use.

Tried verifying mine then it worked for a while then I got a message telling me to verify the GCASH app, got 9,600 peso locked up in Gcash. I just use it to top up my phone.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, BrettGC said:

No compelling argument for having so-called pocket wifi over "normal" wifi and tethering using my phone but definitely a compelling argument for having fiber over wifi - it's more stable and faster, even compared to 5G.  

"Is fiber faster than 5G?

5G connection utilizes radio waves for transmitting information. On the other hand, fiber optic receives and sends data through fiber cables. Comparing the other parameters, the download and upload speed of 5G is 20 Gbps, while fiber cables have a speed of 100 Gbps. .Jun 30, 2022."

Seems pretty compelling to me.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, hk blues said:

5G connection utilizes radio waves for transmitting information. On the other hand, fiber optic receives and sends data through fiber cables. Comparing the other parameters, the download and upload speed of 5G is 20 Gbps, while fiber cables have a speed of 100 Gbps. .Jun 30, 2022."

I get speeds of 200 Mbps on the wired connection from my modem to the computer but with wireless I'm only getting an average of 30 Mbps.

Fiber PLDT. I know what the problem is, but not practical to move the modem downstairs. So going to get more TP-link repeaters.

• Like 2

bob1965
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, jimeve said:

Tried verifying mine then it worked for a while then I got a message telling me to verify the GCASH app, got 9,600 peso locked up in Gcash. I just use it to top up my phone.

Did you do full verification with ID?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, bob1965 said:

Did you do full verification with ID?

Yeah, with my 13A permanent spouse visa. First week it worked then later said I need to verified my gcash account!

• Sad 1