JRC consultancy service.

Avalon
Posted
Posted

I don't understand why the conversion from Probationary to Permanent is extra.  When I applied for my 13A I was in a pickle as Covid lockdowns barred me from travel and I went beyond the 3 years maximum for a Tourist Visa.  I went to BI Angeles to apply for a 13A and the guy quietly counseled me that if I got the wrong person in BI Intramuros they could kick me out of the country with a cooling-off period to boot.

I used an agent that was competent but because of the issue of my overstay they wanted P55,000 including the overstay fines - which I was indeed charged - and then the Motion for Reconsideration etc etc.  I paid the money as it wasn't worth the risk of doing it myself and getting booted out.

All went well and a year later (2022) it was time to apply for conversion to Permanent.  I went to the same agent who again asked for P55,000.  I asked why?  The first time I paid this as I had overstayed and was in a pickle - but now I've complied with everything I just want to convert to Permanent.  They dug their heels in so I went to BI Angeles and did the process myself.  Took a couple of months and P7,900 from memory and everything came back perfect including the new ACR card.

• Like 4

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

I did my SRRVisa with JRC in Dumaguete.  First class work from beginning to end, everything they were supposed to do they did plus they kept me up to date on how my SRRV was progressing.   Expensive?  Yes, but for me at that time period (Covid) it was worth every Peso.  

• Like 4

Avalon
Posted
Posted

One thing to watch for - make sure when you get your Probationary you get an original copy of the signed order.  Sometimes agents keep this to ensure you go back to them for the conversion to Permanent.  When I went to BI Angeles to convert to Permanent the first thing they asked for was the original order.  When I produced it the lady was very surprised and told me most applicants don't have this, and cannot do their own processing without it.

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

I did my SRRVisa with JRC in Dumaguete.  First class work from beginning to end, everything they were supposed to do they did plus they kept me up to date on how my SRRV was progressing.   Expensive?  Yes, but for me at that time period (Covid) it was worth every Peso.  

The actual process for the SSRV was simplified during covid.  I completed mine myself, took a good two hours of paperwork and a medical. 

• Like 4

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

21K? It takes less then an hour to fill out the paperwork. That's good money.

I think most agencies give the BI a 'tip'. I used a different agency for mine during the covid lockdowns and the whole process was complete faster than I could of even got an appointment to apply for it if I'd done it myself.

• Like 2

longway
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

I think most agencies give the BI a 'tip'. I used a different agency for mine during the covid lockdowns and the whole process was complete faster than I could of even got an appointment to apply for it if I'd done it myself.

Do you mind saying who you used and where?

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, longway said:

Do you mind saying who you used and where?

I would like to knows well.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Funny how this topic is about a simple tourist visa extension but covers probably all visa now :smile:

Something in the back of the mind about the company in question. Sometime ago and I might be wrong but from memory unauthorized people were acting as that agency and had nothing to do with it. That might explain some things. Anyway for one last extension it would be easier to do it yourself or find a travel agent.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Funny how this topic is about a simple tourist visa extension but covers probably all visa now :smile:

Something in the back of the mind about the company in question. Sometime ago and I might be wrong but from memory unauthorized people were acting as that agency and had nothing to do with it. That might explain some things. Anyway for one last extension it would be easier to do it yourself or find a travel agent.

That scenario would make a lot of sense, especially as I said in my post when I went looking for their remittance details and the said details were not to be found.

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I think we've had this debate on here numerous times as to using an agent (or fixer in some cases) V DIY.  For those who value time over money then using an agent is a wise choice - I'm the opposite hence I go down the DIY route whenever I can!  The one time I didn't was the 1st experience here dealing with bureaucracy and discovered the "agent" wasn't actually able to do anything without my presence as I had to attend a seminar in-person - from then on I decided to DIY If and when I could.

• Like 3