JRC consultancy service.

Coffee
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Peaceful John said:

Interesting Coffee, thanks for the info.  Maybe they do things like put your name one the application, etc, but I was informed by the agency and PRA that every step of the SRRV process has to be done by the individual.  I.E. NBI check, Medical check, home country LE check, photos, etc.  Proxy or a Fixer doing it for you is not permitted and I had to prove who I was at each step.  As with everything, I could be wrong, but an opportunity such as this never presented itself to me.  When I completed all of my applications, it was a 4 month+ wait for the PRA to complete their part.  Total time would take a little over 8 months, but again, this was in my case.  There was 2 checks, home country Law Enforcement clearance and another (I forget what that other was :bonk:), that they gave me an exception to complete it the next time I was in the US (but I had to have it done within a year and sent to PRA if my memory serves me correctly).  In any case, I missed a timesaving opportunity if PRA could accomplish some of these for me.  Thanks again for the info.

j

I haven't been through it, so I cannot talk of personal experience.

Write to this lady to ask about what is and what is not.

Mary Rose Barandas: info@vaningenmanagement.com

Info obtained from

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Coffee said:

Info obtained from

Used Mary Rose couple years ago for my SRRV, no connection to this video as was given here address separately. 

I found her to be a person of integrity plus very responsive and accurate answering e mails. She recently did my renewal as well, no charge. Certainly made it easier and absolutely no charge, sent her a large box of chocolates once done, she was over the moon....... 

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

Interesting Coffee, thanks for the info.  Maybe they do things like put your name one the application, etc, but I was informed by the agency and PRA that every step of the SRRV process has to be done by the individual.  I.E. NBI check, Medical check, home country LE check, photos, etc.  Proxy or a Fixer doing it for you is not permitted and I had to prove who I was at each step.  As with everything, I could be wrong, but an opportunity such as this never presented itself to me.  When I completed all of my applications, it was a 4 month+ wait for the PRA to complete their part.  Total time would take a little over 8 months, but again, this was in my case.  There was 2 checks, home country Law Enforcement clearance and another (I forget what that other was :bonk:), that they gave me an exception to complete it the next time I was in the US (but I had to have it done within a year and sent to PRA if my memory serves me correctly).  In any case, I missed a timesaving opportunity if PRA could accomplish some of these for me.  Thanks again for the info.

j

Correct, you have to do everything so if you are using an agent you are just passing them everything you have done and they are expensive mail boys. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/9/2023 at 3:19 PM, Coffee said:

Info obtained from

This guy just about has me convinced to get an expanded courtesy instead of a 13a.  I've known for years I'm eligible, just not sure why I never really considered it. 

image.png

Edited by BrettGC

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

This guy just about has me convinced to get an expanded courtesy instead of a 13a.  I've known for years I'm eligible, just not sure why I never really considered it. 

image.png

If I were able to get the above I'd 100% do it in preference to the 13a (which I have).  The 13a, in my opinion, is the best option for married guys who aren't eligible for the above but it does bring with it some potential issues outside of my control i.e. no matter how great a husband I am (and I am :whistling:) I cannot control her longevity! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

image.png

I would jump on this is I were qualified!  Much better than 13A, in my opinion.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm a bit confused on some of you mentioning paying agents to do SRRV.  My impression was that you are assigned an agent to guide you and you don't have to pay for their services.  I remember some members mentioning agent names.

I think I mentioned before that I know of a couple of highly recommended travel agents in Angeles, if anyone wants their contact info for extensions, etc.

My wife and I did my 13A.  I don't remember it being that bad but the travel was onerous.  I think I got a quote from an agent for 40+ k.  No way it is worth that much.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm a bit confused on some of you mentioning paying agents to do SRRV.  My impression was that you are assigned an agent to guide you and you don't have to pay for their services.  I remember some members mentioning agent names.

I think I mentioned before that I know of a couple of highly recommended travel agents in Angeles, if anyone wants their contact info for extensions, etc.

My wife and I did my 13A.  I don't remember it being that bad but the travel was onerous.  I think I got a quote from an agent for 40+ k.  No way it is worth that much.

Like you, OMW, I did everything myself but that was when I was in Hong Kong - the process is the same anyway.  My neighbour finally decided he should get his and was quoted 25K+.  I advised him I could easily help get what he needed as I'd done it before but they decided they'd prefer to spend the 25K.  I have to add, his wife is one of those who believes it's necessary to get a fixer/agent for everything - they even used one for their Covid vaccines! 

• Haha 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 1/10/2023 at 6:29 PM, OnMyWay said:

Correct.  If you want an SRRV you do get assigned an agent for free. Anyone paying for it needs to take themselves outside and have words with themselves. Unless the paid agent can do your medical, produce all your documentation, do the interview, get your police clearance, proof of pension etc all without your involvement then I'm missing something. 

Basically if you produce all the documentation required for your visa which only you have access to you're basically handing it to someone to walk into the office and to place it on the PRA desk on your behalf. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Anyone paying for it needs to take themselves outside and have words with themselves.

I don't have time to go outside so often, so I do it indoors.  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3