extending my stay when i am in phillipines

kirchnersc
Posted
Posted

when i enter the phillipines on a usa passport for a 30 day stay without a visa how can i extend my stay when i am there can i do it in dumaguete or do i need to go to cebu ? i will be staying in dumaguete.

Admin Edit. Please do not post Email address or names. Will be deleted

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You can extend in any office, or field office including Dumaguete. 

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, kirchnersc said:

when i enter the phillipines on a usa passport for a 30 day stay without a visa how can i extend my stay when i am there can i do it in dumaguete or do i need to go to cebu ? i will be staying in dumaguete.

Admin Edit. Please do not post Email address or names. Will be deleted

You can get your first extension (29 days to total 59 days) at the airport; either Manila or Cebu. Is the easiest and fastest. Search the forum and you’ll find more detailed info about it. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gator said:

You can get your first extension (29 days to total 59 days) at the airport; either Manila or Cebu. Is the easiest and fastest. Search the forum and you’ll find more detailed info about it. 

As long as you arrive at a time of day when BI are processing extensions...

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

And were you to extend in the airports, they would ask you to pay in pesos. And of course the ATMS are on the other side of immigration. Some may allow you to go to money changers, some may not. And no sir, credit cards.. what are they ???

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, GeoffH said:

As long as you arrive at a time of day when BI are processing extensions...

Is that something new Geoff? Pre Covid I’ve arrived at various times, including in the wee hours, and never had a problem getting an extension. If anything it was faster. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Gator said:

Is that something new Geoff? Pre Covid I’ve arrived at various times, including in the wee hours, and never had a problem getting an extension. If anything it was faster. 

Last time I arrived there was no one there to do an extension (it was late and travel restrictions had just been lifted.

Not trying to say that’s normally the case, it was probably due to the borders just having been reopened.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted (edited)

After 2 extensions on arrival in airport pre c19, I prefer to extend in a city office.

In airport I sat in their office for 30 minutes and was interrogated about why the frequent visit to RP.  I didn't think I deserved all these accusations, since I always minimum 6 months in other countries, before my return. This is not how I want to start my stay, in the country.

Although time saving to extend in the airport on arrivals, given one has the required fee in pesos, I will only apply for extension in city offices.

* Others with same experience?

Edited by CebuAndy
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, CebuAndy said:

After 2 extensions on arrival in airport pre c19, I prefer to extend in a city office.

In airport I sat in their office for 30 minutes and was interrogated about why the frequent visit to RP.  I didn't think I deserved all these accusations, since I always minimum 6 months in other countries, before my return. This is not how I want to start my stay, in the country.

Although time saving to extend in the airport on arrivals, given one has the required fee in pesos, I will only apply for extension in city offices.

* Others with same experience?

Again pre Covid, never had an issue or was “interrogated” at the airport by the BOI. If anything they were always polite and helpful. And for many years I used to do basically the same as you - 5 or so months here and 6 or so months in the USA. 

• Thanks 1

kirchnersc
Posted
Posted

much thanks for replies - so dumaguete does have a place to extend stay and i don't have to go to cebu or manila to do it - what is this phillipine govt office that does this there ? Where is it in dumaguete ? Also, out of curiosity where is the govt office to do this in cebu (not the airport) - what is this govt office called ?

Also I gather from what I have read that more than one 29 day extension can be obtained to live in phillipines for 6 moths or more ?

arrival in airport pre c19 - what is pre c19 ?

when BI are processing extensions - what is BI ?