Heavy rain.

Recommended Posts

Posted

It's been raining non stop for 2 days hand many red warnings from the weather people. water coming down the external walls and fining it's way in running down the stairs.

Had some guys in last year to water proof the fire-wall 50ft high, useless. Me and the wife busy this morning mopping up the water.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

What type roof do you have? If cement water may be coming where roof meets wall. Had that problem before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Well its simple, the weather people call it a Shear line system where hot and cold air meet.  Won't last forever but will return. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

It's been raining non stop for 2 days hand many red warnings from the weather people. water coming down the external walls and fining it's way in running down the stairs.

Had some guys in last year to water proof the fire-wall 50ft high, useless. Me and the wife busy this morning mopping up the water.

We live in an new-build - we had similar problems with water getting in in a few places.  It was exactly as others have described - where the concrete tile met the concrete wall there was no effective seal.  The developer tried countless waterproofing materials with limited success. We eventually installed flashing throughout and the problem hasn't recurred. 

I would guess you already have flashing though, Jim?  If not, that might be a solution.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Schools closed for all the past week... .another several days of schooling that will be never be made up despite schools supposedly opening on saturdays for make up classes.  Lots of flooding going on in Samar Leyte etc. Ferries to Siquijor all stopped at least today...tough life for a great many in past week and even tougher in weeks ahead. Sometimes persistent rain can do a lot more long term damage than a quick in n out typhoon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I would guess you already have flashing though, Jim?  If not, that might be a solution.  

Yeah. we had flashing put on and had the firewall water-proofed. I think they ran out of time it was Saturday afternoon and they were rushing to go home, the boss was there giving instructions to the men.

In other words (bodged up)

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well its simple, the weather people call it a Shear line system where hot and cold air meet.  Won't last forever but will return. 

Saw that on a Filipino news channel, I said to the wife what's a shear line she didn't know either. So I said they have spelled shore line wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
3 hours ago, Greglm said:

What type roof do you have? If cement water may be coming where roof meets wall. Had that problem before.

Metal, we had flashing put up but it looks bodged up. Had someone to climb up and take photo's I put some on the this forum.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

Schools closed for all the past week... .another several days of schooling that will be never be made up despite schools supposedly opening on saturdays for make up classes.  Lots of flooding going on in Samar Leyte etc. Ferries to Siquijor all stopped at least today...tough life for a great many in past week and even tougher in weeks ahead. Sometimes persistent rain can do a lot more long term damage than a quick in n out typhoon.

My in-laws from Bohol are flooded too, much worst than us.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
55 minutes ago, jimeve said:

My in-laws from Bohol are flooded too, much worst than us.

We've been lucky here, aside from the schools closing for the first time today, the only effect has been to keep people out of town... That's a plus in my book.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...