Heavy rain.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

It's been raining on and off since Monday morning but not particularly heavy, no flooding and schools still open as usual.  It was off all day but has just started now.  

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Very heavy rains here in Moalboal for several days now.  Local flooding in low lying areas.  No school classes.  Speaking of school it is time for my RANT!  Two years with no face to face classes and test scores for the Philippines were already the worst in Asia.  But the schools still finding time to practice marching bands for the Sinulog festival to be held next week in Cebu City.  These kids are being set up to fail as adults and it really chaps my butt.:1927_:  Feels kind of good to get all that frustration out, another cup of coffee and I should be fine for the day (if the rain would stop). :tongue:

You go girl! :hystery:

• Haha 5

Colsie
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, jimeve said:

It's been raining non stop for 2 days hand many red warnings from the weather people. water coming down the external walls and fining it's way in running down the stairs.

Had some guys in last year to water proof the fire-wall 50ft high, useless. Me and the wife busy this morning mopping up the water.

Just got back last Tuesday night from a month in beautiful sunny Western Australia. Apparently, here in Eastern Samar it was raining every day while we're away and we kept getting the rainfall warnings on our phones. 

Since we arrived back its been almost non-stop rain and forecast to persist until Sunday. 

Seem to remember an old story in the UK about a guy called Saint Swithun and if it rained on Saint Swithuns day it would rain for 40days and nights. Perhaps there's a Filipino equivalent here... 

Anyway, as usual here, they turn off the water supply, so it's back to collecting rain water. But atleast we still have electricity and Internet. 

Back to Aus in a couple of weeks, probably in time for the bush fires as it's so dry 😳

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Colsie said:

Back to Aus in a couple of weeks, probably in time for the bush fires as it's so dry 😳

Still a lot of flooding in a lot of states, with more to come, so more of the same for you!

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

It's actually stopped raining this morning, Hooray. But the weather forecast looks grim. boo.:morning1:

This weather reminds me of a British summer. :umbrella_80_anim_gif:

• Like 2

Colsie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Still a lot of flooding in a lot of states, with more to come, so more of the same for you!

Not in Perth Western Australia it's as dry as a bone and strangely quite cool at times over Christmas period... received_851931586007998.jpeg

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jimeve said:

It's actually stopped raining this morning, Hooray. But the weather forecast looks grim. boo.:morning1:

This weather reminds me of a British summer. :umbrella_80_anim_gif:

Still warmer here though :hystery:

1 hour ago, Colsie said:

Not in Perth Western Australia it's as dry as a bone and strangely quite cool at times over Christmas period... received_851931586007998.jpeg

I was thinking the Kimberly region 

• Like 1