Requesting Expat's Advice About Marriage And Moving To The Philippines ( Samal Island ) ...

Kingpin
Posted
Posted

Well you already made your first mistake, posting your photo on the internet. :tiphat:

Now to prevent your second:

1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

There will be no shortage of women wanting to meet you so don't think you had better grab the first one that comes along

Possum
Posted
Posted

Give credit to the ladies of the Philippines. Their online sales pitch is world class. They can convince someone to move 6000 miles from home over the internet ! They should be in the bit coin business. No wonder call centers love the Philippines. :cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Major Tom
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Greglm said:

Give credit to the ladies of the Philippines. Their online sales pitch is world class. They can convince someone to move 6000 miles from home over the internet ! They should be in the bit coin business. No wonder call centers love the Philippines. :cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

I was very naïve after my divorce from my first marriage. I couldn’t believe that so many attractive women (in the Philippines) would be interested in me. I had lots of video chats before I found the one that really looked great and had the brains to match. Lo and behold, I married her and I have no regrets.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted
On 1/15/2023 at 6:39 AM, Gino64 said:

Hello to  Anyone who reads this, 

Greetings from Eugene City, Oregon, The U.S.A. !

Well, I met a lady over in the Philippines on line and she lives on the :   Island Garden City of Samal  adjacent to Davao city.  I was thinking to fly over there and visit with her and see how it works out..  If it turns out well, ( I figured just to marry her there and stay ).  She wants me to live there as opposed to coming to America.   I've Never been to  the PI before .  I have lived and worked in Seoul  S.Korea  4 years and mainland Dalian, China for 6 years.   I'm used to being an Expat, so it doesn't cause me any great difficulties to do it again.     ( At Least There it's Warm ) !!!    I just found this WEBSITE  today and had Hoped that maybe some of you could Give Me Any Advice and make Online Friends with...    

Thank You for taking your time to read my letter !

Have A Great Day !

1931717342_GINOSPHONEPICTURESNOV252021018.thumb.jpg.4168f9b48d6c7da0aa955ff54a2bf960.jpgGino !!!

Hi @Gino64 well so far you’ve played it very smart, jump on a Philipines Expat forum & see how other Expats have gone in coming, meeting & setting up living here. My take is this, these guys have been there done that & it’s a very valuable resource for you to have! Trick now is to navigate through the maze of the Philippines on your first visit! First thing is using the correct head to ascertain the right way for you moving forward.

As others have said, these girls are awesome at chatting online & many are mainly good girls, some not so much and can have 5 foreigners on the go at one time sadly with only one aim, relieving ppl of their money.

Ultimately (as you should) you will forge your own path but as many wise men on here have said amongst other things, come take a visit for a few months, visit more than one place, do not meet their families, when just meeting them & I’ll add if online is your thing, chat to a few before you come here. As I said at the start, you sound smart, just Think

Best of luck to you Gino64 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sailor Jerry said:

Hi @Gino64 well so far you’ve played it very smart, jump on a Philipines Expat forum

No, he didn't, joined and posted on the 15th Jan and that's the last time he logged in. He may be able to read replies and if he did probably did not see what he wants to read so going on his merry way. 

• Hmm thinking 1