Starlink

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, insite said:

Thank you for the information

Due to the uniqueness of satellite internet depending on your service area you may experience some micro outages or interruptions due to many variables such as obstructions(clouds, Airplanes, birds), elements, radio interference, also when a new satellite comes into orbit with your service area can also cause outages for a few seconds. Our service provides supplemental connection when outside of an area that provides fiber or cable connection.  I hope this clarifies why buffering or freezing can occur.

Best,

Starlink Customer Support

Pretty standard stuff for any satellite service.  They've been in use for the internet for years, Starlink just made it much more affordable and compact.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Pretty pricey for an average download speed.  I'd imagine it's main attraction is for folks who cannot get Globe or PLDT for whatever reason.  From my experience Globe is very, very reliable NOW with one outage in the last year (not their fault - another Telco accidentally cut some cables)  and actual speed always 10+ above plan speed.  I realise all internet services are location dependant, though.

• Like 2