Mac donalds

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Smart guard, good decision.  US bank employees are instructed to give robbers everything on their drawer.  Losses are covered by insurance.  Physical injury to an employee is more expensive for the bank. All bank crimes are federal so the FBI is called for the investigation.

The issue was it was not a robbery. Foreigner shot dead because of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Another table had an issue but the shooter came back and shot the guy which was not related to anything. He tried to flee to an upstairs bathroom but was still shot dead all because on one table,a Filipina told the others what was said in their language about foreigners.  Read the news or find the topic on this forum which is here somewhere. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

On the subject of McDonalds, the cheapest burgers are in the Philippines while the most expensive, at nearly $20 for a Big Mac and small fries, is in Israel.  No need for private security in Jerusalem.  Three young men seating at a nearby table had guns sticking out of their pants.  A soldier in uniform carrying an assault rifle entered the restaurant.  No problem, except staff asked him to remove the ammo clip.  No need to frighten tourists is my guess.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I did see two shotgun wielding security guards accompanying a business man in and out of McDonalds.  It could be he was collecting the cash to take it to the bank

Or to his safe. Very typical of Filipino business. The bigger ones do the same but with armored cars. The owners here love their paper.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Purpose for security guards at McDonalds is not to deter crime.  Their presence is to keep street kids away.  They are also good at opening the door for customers.  

They don't need guns to keep kids out. It's surely dual purpose I e. to keep undesirables out as well as to deter robbers.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

In general, from my observations, the MacDo's and Jollibees (amongst others) here tend to have guards with big guns in stand-alone stores in certain locations and are non- existent in stores within malls. There are no guards in any of the restaurants in our SM City but I'd say most of the chain fast food stores have guards when not in a mall - usually armed with a pistol but sometimes with a shotgun and sometimes nothing.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

A few years ago this was taken , not to sure what he was protecting, could it have been the car park or the laundry or just checking in all the little shops along the way , but he did oblige when asked if I could take his picture .

55722EB2-CD6F-4496-A2D5-8E470DE1A82D.jpeg

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted
On 2/5/2023 at 3:17 AM, stevewool said:

A few years ago this was taken , not to sure what he was protecting, could it have been the car park or the laundry or just checking in all the little shops along the way , but he did oblige when asked if I could take his picture .

55722EB2-CD6F-4496-A2D5-8E470DE1A82D.jpeg

In Cebu City a lot of Armored car guards dress that way.

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

He was moving that "no parking" sign from parked car to parked car and intimidating the drivers for lunch money.