90 Days License Conversion vs “Required” 6 Months Presence?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

How'd you go with car insurance Tommy?  I know that I needed a PI licence to be able to make a claim if something happens while I'm driving our car.  That's with Toyota's in-house insurance (no-clue who it's underwritten by), so may be different elsewhere.   

Sorry, Brett... I cannot answer that exactly. I just get the mandatory insurance with the rego. I have not gone beyond that. Actually, I would be interested to get more info regarding extended insurance...

As a corollary, I have been able to buy homeowner's insurance here, but I know that is a totally different situation. National Insurance I think is the name of that outfit. Very reasonable people and rates. but the proof will come if there is ever a need for a claim...as always.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry, Brett... I cannot answer that exactly. I just get the mandatory insurance with the rego. I have not gone beyond that. Actually, I would be interested to get more info regarding extended insurance...

See the post I just made about insurance renewal costs, there's bound to be a bit of info popping up on there I reckon. 

It's just peace of mind for me.  We had one minor bump and it was repaired promptly and well, as well as hassle free.  The other side of the coin is knowing someone that had the traffic accident scam pulled on him by a local.  He just gave them the number of his insurance company and told the scammer to deal with them.  He never heard from them again, and neither did the insurance company apparently. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

See the post I just made about insurance renewal costs, there's bound to be a bit of info popping up on there I reckon. 

It's just peace of mind for me.  We had one minor bump and it was repaired promptly and well, as well as hassle free.  The other side of the coin is knowing someone that had the traffic accident scam pulled on him by a local.  He just gave them the number of his insurance company and told the scammer to deal with them.  He never heard from them again, and neither did the insurance company apparently. 

I hear you. I am also a bit fearful being a relatively lone foreigner in these parts. L even acknowledges that people see me and for some, it's like looking at an ATM... So I think it is best to be cautious and pay some extra for insurance... So I look forward to see responses in your thread...

• Like 2