Question about wages in the Philippines

Gator
Posted
Posted

My wife is a teacher at a public school and her salary is just under 28k a month (before taxes and other deductions). She working on her masters degree and just finished the first semester; her salary will get a 7k per month bump. Once she has her degree it’ll go up to about 50k. So, unless as others have stated, she is in management I highly doubt she’s earning 45k a month. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Agree with other posters, the wage claimed seems to be extraordinarily high.  I guess the question then becomes, why the exaggeration?    Certainly not a good way to begin a relationship. :89:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

She would be making about 14 to 17 k a month but do we know if she is just a cashier or manager or something?  Most likely she is not working at all and just picked a figure she thought of to answer but then it could be she wanted to impress or was embarrassed to give the right answer.

Still why should she tell him, did she ask how much he earns?  Since she is online and he likes her he needs to meet and see where she works or what the case is.

I think Tom may be right here. No way to know exactly what the facts are.

She could be confused or wants to answer in a way her online friend would be pleased? 

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Suggest that he ask how much she makes per day.

That answers my confusion, many search results quoted wages earned per day, maybe that's it. I'm used to European style, all wages are monthly.

baronapart
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Mike J said:

Agree with other posters, the wage claimed seems to be extraordinarily high.  I guess the question then becomes, why the exaggeration?    Certainly not a good way to begin a relationship. :89:

Maybe looking for wage replacement...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, baronapart said:

Maybe looking for wage replacement...

Possibly.  It's always a wise move in a negotiation to start high to give plenty of room to manoeuvre! 

• Like 2