Weirdos in the Philippines

mountainside
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

chances are we have nothing in common the same as if we'd met in our country of origin.

So says my Filipina here in the US, when I spot some Pinoys and encourage her to engage.  

• Like 5

mountainside
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What draws weirdos here to the Philippines?

As to the pathological narcissists whose BS stories didn’t work in their home countries, they might believe that Filipinos are more gullible than their countrymen.  And then learn differently a long way from home.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We have no idea what was up with that individual but it was good of you to check in with him as you did Tom. 

Would be interesting to know the real story behind his actions but like many things in Philippines we will never know.

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Met a guy on Panglao who claimed to have been a Royal Marine. Never saw anyone so thin except in photos, so I have doubt regarding his story.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What draws weirdos here to the Philippines? 

Sometimes it seems that normal expats are the exception.  I get the opposite problem here in Canada.  Weirdos come up to me when I am out for a walk with Lyn and say things like:  "I see you have been to the Philippines.  I have too.  A great place."  Then they leer at Lyn and practically drool.  Then they usually try a few words of Tagalog on her.  We are polite and then we move along.  There are normal folks with Filipina spouses here, but they stay home and mind their business unless we drop in for a visit.

So I guess it is the weird ones we notice because the normal ones are at home doing normal things.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

mountainside
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

We are polite and then we move along.

I admire your great restraint.