What the hell

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Got bitten by a stray dog this morning (Saturday).  Rabies is a concern her so went to the closest clinic in Badian about 30 minutes away.  I guess in the future I will need to schedule when I am bitten by a dog?  And it gets worse, the guard tells me to show up early on Monday because the only have 15 shots and it is first come first served.  WTF?

IMG_20230325_101957.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Hope you are ok!  What a hassle!

Viking
Posted
Posted

If I were you, I would go to another place, and get that shot as soon as possible.

I hope you are okay and that you will stay safe.

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

It's a good idea to see if the dog is foaming from the mouth, that's a clear sign it's  a rabies dog.

Rabies in Dogs

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The chances that the dog has rabies is quite low.  The shots are precautionary in nature.  The local authorities should be contacted regarding the incident, giving them your contact details.  If there are other biting incidents from the same dog or other dogs, you will be alerted.  

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I suspect you are right, but I hate to take the chance.  I do plan on dying here, but not right away and especially not from rabies.  :hystery:

Did you get your shot today?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Viking said:

Did you get your shot today?

No but I am going to try @Dave Hounddriver advice and buy a vial from the pharmacy if available.   As Dave mentioned the vial contains 15 doses, and I will donate it to the clinic or to the doctor I see here in Moalboal.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mike J said:

buy a vial from the pharmacy if available

Just so you know, it isn't cheap.  About 15 years ago it was 1,000 pesos.  And I needed a prescription to get it so Doctor, then Mercury Drugs, then Doctor again.

• Like 1