Foreigner hunted by PNP for pulling a knife on Bartender in Moalboal, Cebu

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is a currently hot topic among YouTubers in the Philippines. The owner of this video gave permission to anyone to use it as they please. This Foreigner pulled a knife on a bartender in Moalboal, Cebu because she asked him to pay for 2 drinks that he owed her. He lived in Moalboal Cebu at the time. PNP has gone to where he lived, he's no longer there and are hunting him. Many are saying he's hiding somewhere in the mountains of Cebu. Howling Dogs Cebu City posted a warning on their FB page below and also posted the same comment on the video. Be cautious if you encounter this foreigner. Video of him pulling the knife is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFX4Dndagyo

Howling Dogs Cebu | Cebu City

This person is Barry Jordan he is on 6 or 7 years overstay here and is not allowed in Howling Dogs or in most other bars on Mango. He pulled a knife on
Edited by Rooster
spelling

• Rooster changed the title to Foreigner hunted by PNP for pulling a knife on waitress in Moalboal, Cebu
Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Overstay and pulling a knife on a local. Shows he doesn't care for the law or really stupid or both. Hope they catch him soon.

• Like 3

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Jeez! What a nut case.

Might be 1 who had his visa revoked in Thailand, and went to RP.

Phuket in Thailand now give foreigners Red & Yellow card - for offences and crimes, and have already revoked visa, for some.

Maybe a idea also for Philippines.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Not that it's all that important but based on the clip shown I'm not sure that's what I would call pulling a knife on someone.  Brandishing one, maybe.

• Like 1

• Rooster changed the title to Foreigner hunted by PNP for pulling a knife on Bartender in Moalboal, Cebu
Rooster
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Not that it's all that important but based on the clip shown I'm not sure that's what I would call pulling a knife on someone.  Brandishing one, maybe.

I agree with you. Brandished should have been the proper word used. -  Brandish: wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement.

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure that's what I would call pulling a knife on someone.

I'm picturing loads of Filipinos and one Crocodile Dundee pulling out huge knives and saying "That's not a knife.  This is a knife."

Anyway, JGF has mentioned this foreigner before as being an undesirable.  Nothing has been done in 6 or more years of overstay.  I think the current situation is great for generating "hits" on Youtube but little else will change.

• Like 1

Major Tom
Posted
Posted

This story and other such stories always have me amazed! When I lived in the Philippines and whenever I visit, I always believe it is best to keep a low profile, but this guy and others like him are completely oblivious to the fact they are foreigners, regardless of their visa status, who need to refrain from reckless behavior.

• Like 5

Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted

Hopefully he’ll be scooped up & sent to wherever the hell he comes from soon. 6 or 7 years is way too long

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm picturing loads of Filipinos and one Crocodile Dundee pulling out huge knives and saying "That's not a knife.  This is a knife."

Anyway, JGF has mentioned this foreigner before as being an undesirable.  Nothing has been done in 6 or more years of overstay.  I think the current situation is great for generating "hits" on Youtube but little else will change.

Actually no I did not. Someone mentioned the person's name in their post and I asked if they had any proof of the person which at the time I had never heard of but had since seen videos of him and found more info about him. The poster of the post did not like that I asked if he had any proof and seems to have signed out and gone.  I asked if he had proof as it's not good to mention names without it.

• Like 4