Extreme heat this summer, are you prepared?

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Just read this article in Sunstar Cebu about hot summer and possible draught.

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1957372/cebu/local-news/as-cebu-water-supply-falls-rama-orders-farms-industry-protected

Quote:

'state meteorologist warned that the dry hot season could deplete Cebu’s water supply amid the increased likelihood of the occurrence of the El Niño phenomenon'

'The highest heat index this year, so far, was recorded at 39°C on Saturday, March 25, according to the state weather bureau in Mactan, Cebu.'

Then add this from Thailand news from 27 march

Screenshot_20230327-172659_Samsung Internet.jpg

Are you guys in RP prepared for extreme temperature, and lack of water?

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, CebuAndy said:

Are you guys in RP prepared for extreme temperature, and lack of water?

It already started, there was cold rainy weather for months, and now the heat. I've yet to turn the aircon on though.

4 hours ago, jimeve said:

Yes I am. got 2x 2000 liter water tanks which one  is from a deep well water and the other from city water.

What about drinking water?

• Like 1

Patryk
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kingpin said:

It already started, there was cold rainy weather for months, and now the heat. I've yet to turn the aircon on though.

Water? Like animals?

• Haha 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Don't think you can hoard drinking water. maybe buy a decent water filter. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Apparently, certain sections of Metro Manila are already without water from time to time.  The area residents call friends to ask if they can come over and take a shower.  I recall years ago while visiting (British) Hong Kong that friends would call to ask if they could shower and do laundry in our hotel room.  The lack of water was either caused by severe drought or Mainland China turning off the supply whenever there was some dispute.  Hotels were exempt from water rationing.  Staff knew what was going on, so my friends had to tip them to look the other way.  

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

We occasionally get water outages here, on the edge of Cagayan De Oro... but I suspect it's more related to equipment issues rather than storage shortages.

I've been back a month and yesterday the water was off for 6 hours (not a major issue).

hk blues
Posted
Posted

The only time we have a water issue is after a long brown/blackout - I assume this has something to do with the pumps being out of action for a few hours.  Doesn't happen often though.