Big Mac Global Index

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Venezuela is the cheapest place to purchase a McDonalds Big Mac at $1.76.  Add an additional dollar at $2.75 for the Philippines.  Most expensive place for the same Big Mac is Switzerland at $6.71.  Enjoy your burger in the Philippines.  My personal preference in California is still In-And-Out Burger, which are cheaper and tastier than McDoo.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

$6.69 currently in Interior Alaska.

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, JJReyes said:

My personal preference in California is still In-And-Out Burger

Love In-And-Out, but my wife still takes forever to order what she wants even though its only burgers and fries on the menu.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

Love In-And-Out, but my wife still takes forever to order what she wants even though its only burgers and fries on the menu.

My wife orders a burger, no buns, no dressing, no fries, no drink, just lettuce as a wrapper.  Okay at In-And-Out burgers, referring to the order as "dry."  For some reason it confuses them at McDonalds.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

My wife orders a burger, no buns, no dressing, no fries, no drink, just lettuce as a wrapper.  Okay at In-And-Out burgers, referring to the order as "dry."  For some reason it confuses them at McDonalds.

That confuses me too... the best parts of burger meals are the fries, the drink and the buns (the actual burgers are pretty meh)...

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Smart lady!  At BK I order 2 or 3 whopper patties and salt.  At McD if I order just patties they are always dried out.  Not at BK.  Looking forward to trying In n out patties.

FB_IMG_1680257126741.jpg

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, GeoffH said:

That confuses me too... the best parts of burger meals are the fries, the drink and the buns (the actual burgers are pretty meh)...

This is the way my wife tells me she doesn't like American fast-food burgers.  For us it's a once-a-year thing.  We did purchase Jollibee burgers and a bucket of chicken while in the Philippines.  Terrible.  The chicken meat was tough and stringy, possibly old hens past their egg producing prime.  There are three new Jollibee outlets within 8 miles of our present location in South Bay, California.  I am trying to convince my wife to give it a try.  My reasoning is their source for meat and chicken would be different than the Philippines.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

present location in South Bay, California

Where are you?  South Bay is my turf, growing up in Redondo Beach.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Where are you?  South Bay is my turf, growing up in Redondo Beach.

Near Del Amo Fashion Square on Carson St. at a long stay residential hotel walking distance to Little Company of Mary Hospital (our two children were born at this hospital).  We are spending 45 to 60 days in the area for my wife's 2nd cataract surgery.  Her family home is nearby within Torrance while her sister resides in Palos Verdes.  Redondo Beach is very familiar, but we seldom go during the past few years because it is horrific finding parking for our 23-foot RV van.  

We like the location because of nearby Japanese and Korean supermarkets.  Nijiya Market is the place to go for good quality take-out sushi.  There is also a Filipino supermarket in Carson for cooked foods like pancit bihon and grilled squid.  

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Economist started the Big Mac Index as an informal way to demonstrate Price Power Parity (PPP) between two currencies and what the same goods cost in different countries.  It was a big hit.  The Economist also tried using the price of a Starbucks Tall Latte, but it never gained popularity.  An Australian bank came up with iPad, but it was not successful.  The Big Mac Index endures.