Big Mac Global Index

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Near Del Amo Fashion Square on Carson St. at a long stay residential hotel walking distance to Little Company of Mary Hospital (our two children were born at this hospital).  We are spending 45 to 60 days in the area for my wife's 2nd cataract surgery.  Her family home is nearby within Torrance while her sister resides in Palos Verdes.  Redondo Beach is very familiar, but we seldom go during the past few years because it is horrific finding parking for our 23-foot RV van.  

We like the location because of nearby Japanese and Korean supermarkets.  Nijiya Market is the place to go for good quality take-out sushi.  There is also a Filipino supermarket in Carson for cooked foods like pancit bihon and grilled squid.  

Wow, brings back memories!  I grew up going to Del Amo and when they linked all the separate malls together, they claimed to be the largest mall in the world.  You can definitely get your indoor walks in there!

My sister also lives in Palos Verdes Estates.  So beautiful!  I used to do a lot of cycling and running up there.

Did your wife go to West Torrance High?  I used to have several friends over there.  In fact, my best buddy from kinder onwards married a West Torrance high girl and they just had their 42nd wedding anniversary this past week!  They were married at the beautiful church on the cliffs in Malaga Cove.  We graduated Aviation High in 74 and I think she graduated West Torrance in 76.

Speaking of cliffs, I almost fell off the cliffs there.  Went to a party at a house on the cliffs, got drunk and tipped over!  Luckily I got caught in thick ice plant and did not go all the way!

Thanks for the memories!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Little Company of Mary Hospital

I forgot to mention that I have good experiences at LCMH.  Top quality hospital.  My mom was admitted there a few times and passed away there in 2008 at the age of 92.  They have an excellent palliative care unit and the whole family was able to be with her til the end.  I flew in from Germany and it seemed like she waited for me.  Said goodbye and that it was her time to go, then she was gone within the day.

I also think my mom had her cataract surgery there.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I forgot to mention that I have good experiences at LCMH.

Our residential hotel is within easy walking distance to the hospital.  Most of their traveling nurses stay here.  There are many persons with disability staying.  I suspect they are long term rehab patients since support medical facilities tend to congregate around a major hospital.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Did your wife go to West Torrance High?  I used to have several friends over there.  In fact, my best buddy from kinder onwards married a West Torrance high girl and they just had their 42nd wedding anniversary this past week!  They were married at the beautiful church on the cliffs in Malaga Cove.  We graduated Aviation High in 74 and I think she graduated West Torrance in 76.

No. My wife went to a private school.  I believe our niece attended West Torrance High for two years.  My understanding is the four high schools in the area are excellent and this attracts families who work for the multiple Japanese companies in Gardena.  My sister-in-law was also married at the church on the cliffs.  

P_X
Posted
Posted

Stopped in at McDonald's across from Ayala mall 2 days ago.  Gotta 1/4 with cheese.

It was the the weirdest burger. It was flat as a pancake..on a small hamburger bun and burnt to a crisp. Qps are supposed to be fat n juicy but this one was almost paper thin and stuck so far outta the bun. it was hilarious. 

• Sad 1