Clothes and more clothes

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We are having a garage sale this weekend and my wife is selling lots of clothes.  Many seem to be "brand new" and she has a section just for Shein (online store),

:89:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

is digdig Tagalog for what the locals here call in Bisaya Ukay Ukay?  

ie second hand imported clothes shops.

Yes, same.  She even finds an occasional shirt or pair of shorts for me.

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mountainside said:

With all respect to Manny Pacquiao, Jinkee has raised the bar for the rest of us men for our wives' purses.  I may soon support the counterfeiters.

The counterfeit bags are the ones my wife buys.   I had to have a sit down serious chat with her as she plans on visiting the USA later this year.  Told her that there was zero upside to carrying or bringing counterfeit bags.  

1 - They may get seized at customs.

2 - Someone may think they are legit and want to steal them.

3 - You are there, in part, to speak with folks who support our ministry.  What are they going to think if they see you sporting a super high dollar bag? :Mad:

In the end she agreed that it would be a bad idea.  Rare that I come out on top in a discussion like this and I suspect she may have agreed because it allows her to buy some additional hand bags and purses.   But I still consider it a WIN!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

My 1st wife was very much a fan of clothes and shoes - less so handbags.  I was not far behind her to the extent I haven't needed to buy much since we left the UK in 2004 (the waistline hasn't expanded that much).  My 2nd wife, Filipina, isn't much into clothes - she'd rather buy house stuff.