Mosquitos!!!

Viking
Posted
Posted

We have lots of mosquitos in our cr and shower room. I first thought they came from the windows so I put up a screen, but it didn't help. Looks like they are coming from the floor drain! I tried putting screen there too but it is not working very well.

Do you have the same problem? If you do, how did you solve it?

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

We have lots of mosquitos in our cr and shower room. I first thought they came from the windows so I put up a screen, but it didn't help. Looks like they are coming from the floor drain! I tried putting screen there too but it is not working very well.

Have you tried putting bleach down the drain ,plus where does the water flow into from the shower room 

• Like 1

mountainside
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Have you tried putting bleach down the drain

I'm pretty sure that a little bleach will kill all larvae in standing (but not running) water.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My folks had that problem in their old house. Papa put a rubber drain cover over the shower drain when not used. That solved the issue. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Viking said:

I would check your tabo bucket.  Any standing water makes an ideal place to raise a new crop of the little assassins'.  

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Yeah.... one would think that the running shower enough would keep them clear.... BUT... if your plumbing was done correctly... there's a vent pipe in the drain system... and they can live in there and then migrate back up the drain that way.  You might try covering the vent pipe with screen... the drain covering sounds good as well.

Plus what Mike said....

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, mountainside said:

bleach will kill all larvae in standing (but not running) water.

Melt them

133GleamMur.Acid500mLfront_2100x2100.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

Have you tried putting bleach down the drain ,plus where does the water flow into from the shower room 

Nope, not yet but I will give it a try. Tha water goes to a "grey water" canal that runs outside the house. 

6 hours ago, mountainside said:

I'm pretty sure that a little bleach will kill all larvae in standing (but not running) water.

It should not be any standing water there but considering how most things are done here, I am not sure, hahaha.

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

My folks had that problem in their old house. Papa put a rubber drain cover over the shower drain when not used. That solved the issue. 

If I can't get rid of them with the other methods mentioned here, I will do this 👍

32 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I would check your tabo bucket.  Any standing water makes an ideal place to raise a new crop of the little assassins'.  

We are always careful not having any standing water in there, so in this case I don't think that is the cause of our problem. But you are 100% right in what you are saying 👍

Viking
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Melt them

133GleamMur.Acid500mLfront_2100x2100.jpg

I will give that a try as well 👍