Trust

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

In the early eighties a very good friend of mine bought a rental car franchise and over time learned the hard way what people did with his rental cars such things as swapping all the tyres out, stealing the spare tire, the list goes on.

When we picked up our car after getting serviced the mechanic said to me your alternator is on the way out I can shop around for you for a replacement if you want.

I was telling a relative about this and he sent his electrician over to have a look, I will keep this brief and not use profanity.

What the bastard had done was replace my battery with another one from another  vehicle,  less cranking amps far inferior. No wonder the car would not start.

I now have to start looking for another service  centre that is honest. If they exist here at all.

I will now have to take photos of everything, speedometer, fuel gauge, even the spare tire.

• Sad 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I will now have to take photos of everything, speedometer, fuel gauge, even the spare tire.

Yup... You need to do it all here... so sad that there is so much greed and theft... Good luck finding an honest mechanic. I am still seeking...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

In the early eighties a very good friend of mine bought a rental car franchise and over time learned the hard way what people did with his rental cars such things as swapping all the tyres out, stealing the spare tire, the list goes on.

When we picked up our car after getting serviced the mechanic said to me your alternator is on the way out I can shop around for you for a replacement if you want.

I was telling a relative about this and he sent his electrician over to have a look, I will keep this brief and not use profanity.

What the bastard had done was replace my battery with another one from another  vehicle,  less cranking amps far inferior. No wonder the car would not start.

I now have to start looking for another service  centre that is honest. If they exist here at all.

This is why Filipinos stand and watch their cars being serviced, sometimes for hours.

• Like 5

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

But I was advised by a family member who mixes in business circles here to just let it go that if I was to create a fuss that I would be asking for trouble.

I just don’t get this country.

• Sad 2

Possum
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

But I was advised by a family member who mixes in business circles here to just let it go that if I was to create a fuss that I would be asking for trouble.

I just don’t get this country.

I had a battery changed out at a body shop here, didn't find out until days later. Went to the body shop and told them about it. They said it was probably done at night, someone came over the fence. Sure.. My wife told him that she warn people that she would warn everyone she knew that they had a problem with night thieves. He didn't like that at all but she smiled and said,"That's better than a police report or DTI complaint isn't it?"

Considering the poverty here the theft rate is lower than I expected.

• Hmm thinking 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Guess that's why the old novelty sign is so popular. You know the one....

"In God we Trust. All other pay CASH." Heh-heh.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

42bt1q.jpeg

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Old55 said:

42bt1q.jpeg

I use this one all the time, myself, in conversation, since it appears wise and savvy. Like many clever political rhetorical points appear at first glance.

However, it is quite illogical.

If you verify, it is because the trust isn't there to begin with.

Trust means, not having to verify.

• Like 2

mountainside
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

This is why Filipinos stand and watch their cars being serviced, sometimes for hours.

As did this Kano.  Never saw theft, but did see improper service.  Still trying to convince my wife that if we live the right place, we won't need a car in the Phils.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, mountainside said:

Still trying to convince my wife that if we live the right place, we won't need a car in the Phils.

We've survived 8 years now with no car.  Sure, we live in a place where it's possible but recently my wife and son have began a more aggressive attack on me, and my wallet, to get a car.  I'm on the fence but topics like this do sway me more in one direction. 

• Like 2