Trust

P_X
Posted
Posted

Well there's another reason for me to NOT get a car..my goodness 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Many years ago back in Australia my girlfriend at the time bought a new motorbike. A week later the dealer phoned her and asked if h could show her bike to a potential customer. She left it with him but when she picked it up she noticed it was very hot. Further checking the speedo cable was disconnected.

The dealer admitted they rode the bike from Toowoomba to Brisbane which is about 130km to show someone.

He then begged her not to report it to the Kawasaki as he would lose his dealership. She decided not to which is a different choice than I would have made. 

• Hmm thinking 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He then begged her not to report it to the Kawasaki as he would lose his dealership. She decided not to which is a different choice than I would have made. 

I might not have reported it either but I'd have wanted some sort of compensation at the very least (say free labor on the next service or something like that).

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I might not have reported it either but I'd have wanted some sort of compensation at the very least (say free labor on the next service or something like that).

It was a long time ago and I don't recall if she got anything. Actually, I was thinking more about it just now and what they did was tell her the bike was recalled to fix something, not to show someone as l previously said. The reason she found out what they did is somehow she contacted Kawasaki and asked about a recall and they told her there was not one so it went from there and the truth came out.

She was very upset about it. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I just had a close call last week thanks to a local garage. I've been getting messed around by the LGU and LTO for my annual test and ended up taking the motorcycle to Kalibo and dropped it off with my friend to get it tested. The following day he informed me that he took it tio a local garage who replaced the front forks, silencer and sorted out the rear breaks as they were dangerous. Talking bullsh@@ as I'd gone over the motorcycle and I'm a trained mechanic but by then it was too late. 

I told my friend I'd cover the repairs grudgingly and collected the motorcycle for the 1 1/2hr ride home along a dodgy highway with lots of twists turns and potholes. One hour into the journey I pulled over for a pee break and as I pulled out and got to only about 10mph the chain came off, luckily I got into the edge without the wheel locking up.  It was that loose I manged to get it back on with my bare hands and slowly rode it to the next town where the guy sorted it an I noticed it was bone dry and the brake pads on the rear were also snapped. To make it worse they only replaced the down pipe and not the rear silencer which by now sounds like a kids rattle and charged 2.3k for the pleasure when I could have got the whole item for 1.2k. 

• Sad 4