Finding Filipinos

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Joey G said:

Hope jokes are still allowed :6:

Jokes are welcome.  A bit of care is advised when new members are looking for advice and may not realize it as humor.

Joey G
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike J said:

Jokes are welcome.  A bit of care is advised when new members are looking for advice and may not realize it as humor.

Fair enough Mike.... JJ isn't new though (??).... but I guess you're referring to other other post about dark skinned /slanted eyed women from the new person... which I personally found offensive (but that's OK)...  I get the point...  but this latest trend of treating Filipina's/Filipino's like a statistic/third person kind irks me... I'll go the penalty box on my own :2245_safe:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Joey G said:

Fair enough Mike.... JJ isn't new though (??).... but I guess you're referring to other other post about dark skinned /slanted eyed women from the new person... which I personally found offensive (but that's OK)...  I get the point...  but this latest trend of treating Filipina's/Filipino's like a statistic/third person kind irks me... I'll go the penalty box on my own :2245_safe:

I don't think there was any Ill intent on Alach's part, and I gave him some more acceptable alternatives.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The census estimate in the United States counts ...citizens of Filipino ancestry

Right, meaning Americans.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JJReyes said:

What sustains the economy are both documented and undocumented immigrants.  This has been going on since the 1800s

Not exactly, considering the source of those immigrants since the 1800s was Europe, reflecting the host population...until 1965.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Joey G said:

I'll raise my head above the parapet and say I did too.  So, you won't be alone in the penalty box. 

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 4/9/2023 at 11:27 AM, Gas said:

The high concentration of Filipinos in the USA might have something to do with the ease that immediate family members of citizens can apply for visas? 

When i first moved here 26 years ago the family across the street from our shop had two family members in the USA. Over the years a total of 72 members of that family have now immigrated to the US.

Not as easy or quick as it used to be.  Brothers and sisters will take 15 years to process.