Hamburger recipes

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I just bought a new gas bbq and am looking for some good hamburger recipes, finding some good cuts of steak is impossible, so maybe hamburgers will stop the urge for some red meat.

Secret recipes welcome.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mix 1kg of ground beef, one egg, one small onion (or half a large onion), a table spoon of bread crumbs, a good splash of Worcestershire sauce, garlic (to taste), 1/2 teaspoon salt, a 1/4 teaspoon pepper and mix by hand in a bowl until well blended.

Divide your mixture into equal portions and shape each into a patty (depending upon how big you like them you should get roughly 4 large, 6 medium or 8 small patties).

Cook on BBQ (or in fry pan if you must).

Put in a toasted burger bun (or lightly toasted bread if not available), add lettuce, tomato, fried egg, sliced cheese to taste (all optional) and ketchup or tomato sauce (really NOT optional). 

Australians feel free to add pineapple (or beetroot if you can find any, I couldn't)... other nationalities feel free to insult us for putting pineapple and beetroot on burgers :hystery:

I'm yet to find decent patties in the supermarkets here.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Love it 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I don't have a good recipe for you but I tried this ground beef from S&R, and I think it is the best I have found here.  Expensive though.  I think it was p499.

I usually just put some salt on my bbq burgers.  I sometimes get the expensive 18 pack sirloin burgers at S&R and bbq all of them.  After storing in the frig, my favorite way to reheat them is to fry them in a pan with bacon grease.

IMG_20230415_154736.jpg

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Mix 1kg of ground beef, one egg, one small onion (or half a large onion), a table spoon of bread crumbs, a good splash of Worcestershire sauce, garlic (to taste), 1/2 teaspoon salt, a 1/4 teaspoon pepper and mix by hand in a bowl until well blended.

Divide your mixture into equal portions and shape each into a patty (depending upon how big you like them you should get roughly 4 large, 6 medium or 8 small patties).

Cook on BBQ (or in fry pan if you must).

Put in a toasted burger bun (or lightly toasted bread if not available), add lettuce, tomato, fried egg, sliced cheese to taste (all optional) and ketchup or tomato sauce (really NOT optional). 

Australians feel free to add pineapple (or beetroot if you can find any, I couldn't)... other nationalities feel free to insult us for putting pineapple and beetroot on burgers :hystery:

I'm yet to find decent patties in the supermarkets here.

I think I will try this without the bread crumbs, bun and dressings.  Patty, egg and cheese!

• Like 1

P_X
Posted
Posted

When I lived in Luzon area I could get decent hamburger at Robinsons sm. Thus far in cebu I have yet to find any that looks palatable 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Geoff..... Pickled beet on hamburger sounds wonderful. I never would have thought of that! 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't have a good recipe for you but I tried this ground beef from S&R, and I think it is the best I have found here.  Expensive though.  I think it was p499.

I usually just put some salt on my bbq burgers.  I sometimes get the expensive 18 pack sirloin burgers at S&R and bbq all of them.  After storing in the frig, my favorite way to reheat them is to fry them in a pan with bacon grease.

IMG_20230415_154736.jpg

I've seen this in a few placed in Cebu City it makes a good burger! 

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Everything Geoff said and adjusted by preference.... for me... the BEST depends on the cooking medium.... BAR-B-Q with charcoal or wood is my favorite....

But I swear there was grill on Magsaysay in Olongapo in 1979 that tasted as good as a Greek hole in the wall hamburger joint in Chicago (if you've been to one you know).  The trick at both was... caramelized onions... take some onions, coat with a little sugar, and medium heat till lightly brown.  

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Come on guys, a burger is not a burger without dill pickle slices.  :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think I will try this without the bread crumbs, bun and dressings.  Patty, egg and cheese!

The bread crumbs are a binding agent, it will work without them but you'll probably find the patties will be... a bit... crumbly? less solid anyway.

As an alternative you could try adding an egg white or two into the meat mix to bind it.

• Like 1