Filipino passport for British child born in Philippines

Summer of 69
Posted
Posted
On 4/23/2023 at 6:17 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I could be wrong but you will probably have to register him as a Filipino citizen since he was born here. He then could get a Philippines passport. I can understand the headache all this can cause you.

From what I have read (sorry, I don't have the link), being born in the Philippines does not automatically grant a Filipino passport, only people with a Filipino parent get automatic Filipino citizenship. Right now I have been waiting a couple of months for my sons Filipino passport due to a broken passport machine (is anyone else experiencing this?), so you might need to wait some months to get your Filipino passport after you apply.

Summer of 69
Posted
Posted

There is also the option of applying for an emergency or temporary British passport for your son.

RomfordBrit
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone I am grateful for your responses!

once my sons uk passport turns up i will reacquire my Filipino citizenship and include him on my application. 

if he is deemed illegal for his stay here since birth and it can be cleared by paying a fine to BI that’s totally ok for us. Was just worried about any derogatory record. 

• Like 2

RomfordBrit
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Summer of 69 said:

There is also the option of applying for an emergency or temporary British passport for your son.

Unfortunately this cannot be done for first passport applications. 

• Like 1

RomfordBrit
Posted
Posted
On 4/24/2023 at 5:55 AM, BrettGC said:

What does it say on your son's birth certificate?  

Only mentions parents nationalities. Both as British. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, RomfordBrit said:

Hello everyone I am grateful for your responses!

once my sons uk passport turns up i will reacquire my Filipino citizenship and include him on my application. 

if he is deemed illegal for his stay here since birth and it can be cleared by paying a fine to BI that’s totally ok for us. Was just worried about any derogatory record. 

If I were you, I'd pay a visit to the BI sooner rather than later in order to minimise any fine and/or other issues. 

• Like 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

RomfordBrit.  Private message sent.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 4/24/2023 at 5:55 AM, BrettGC said:

What does it say on your son's birth certificate?  

My son was born in Hong Kong - no nationality detailed on Hong Kong birth certificates for individual or parents. However, the report of birth for the Philippines does show nationality of parents. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Congratulations! Thank you very much for following through on the entire process. :AddEmoticons04230: 

This will be helpful information for UK Forum members. 

• Like 1