I RENTED A MOTORBIKE IN MANDAUE FOR 1 WEEK. WHERE SHOULD WE GO?

P_X
Posted
Posted

Well it's a scooter actually 😂.  

Yesterday we rode across cclex and went to Talisay.  It had been a few years since I'd driven a "motorcycle" so I wanted to just dip my toes in somewhat before I took the plunge.

Cebu traffic is also way heavier than where I lived before so I wasn't sure how it'd go.

It was great actually. 

We stopped at the WW2 memorial there on the beach and hung out for about an hour and a half or so.

We ended up driving around that area for a couple more hours then cruised back towards Cebu city. It was a great day.

Nice to ride around in the Philippines again. 

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where we should go next. We have the bike for 5 more days.

BTW I have a puppy at home so I can only do day trips.. 

Any suggestions?

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, P_X said:

Well it's a scooter actually 😂.  

Yesterday we rode across cclex and went to Talisay.  It had been a few years since I'd driven a "motorcycle" so I wanted to just dip my toes in somewhat before I took the plunge.

Cebu traffic is also way heavier than where I lived before so I wasn't sure how it'd go.

It was great actually. 

We stopped at the WW2 memorial there on the beach and hung out for about an hour and a half or so.

We ended up driving around that area for a couple more hours then cruised back towards Cebu city. It was a great day.

Nice to ride around in the Philippines again. 

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where we should go next. We have the bike for 5 more days.

BTW I have a puppy at home so I can only do day trips.. 

Any suggestions?

Don't limit yourself due to the puppy, surprisingly many venues and motels allow dogs in PI.  Yes, it's a little bit of a pain carting them around on a bike but if you don't have one of the "flashier" bikes like an Nmax or Honda PCX/ADV that doesn't have an open foot well because that's where they put the fuel tank, your pup will learn very quickly to sit at your feet and probably love it with the wind blowing on them.  I know our boys do.  

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, P_X said:

Any suggestions?

Depends on what you like, perhaps Google, The Little Amsterdam ( probably a 5-hour trip each way)

Or 10,000 Roses of Cebu just after dark.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Nice run over the trans central to Blamban, even down to Torledo if time. Heaps of things to do and see on that route.

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Depends on what you like, perhaps Google, The Little Amsterdam ( probably a 5-hour trip each way)

Or 10,000 Roses of Cebu just after dark.

Do I remember rightly that you mentioned that Lantaw native floating resto closed down over near 10,000 flowers?  If so, it's a pity.  Best location of the Lantaws by far. 

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, RBM said:

Nice run over the trans central to Blamban, even down to Torledo if time. Heaps of things to do and see on that route.

Toledo is a really nice spot, we have family over there and visit every now and then and as you say, plenty to see and do. It's also a really nice drive from Cebu road.  

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, P_X said:

It had been a few years since I'd driven a "motorcycle"

It is quite possible that your legs and back will be killing you after being on the bike all day.  I did 8 hours each way on a Honda Click one day and had to stop for a massage after about 14 hours as the aches and pains got to be too much.

But the die hard bikers don't seem to feel it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Can stop at Tops. Nice view overlooking the city. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

Do I remember rightly that you mentioned that Lantaw native floating resto closed down over near 10,000 flowers?  If so, it's a pity.  Best location of the Lantaws by far. 

It washed away during the typhoon.  It's been rebuilt but not as a floating restaurant as far as l know. https://www.facebook.com/LantawSeafoodandGrill/

You can also visit the new or not-so-old lantaw il corso, all owned by the Pages Holdings group which used to have Shaka here too. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The cross island road from Tabunok Talisay to Toledo City is a good ride stopping at the mountains divide Cafe Cloud then return. 

Same type ride would be the cross island road from Lahug up to Temple Of Leah the continuing on to Sirao Garden and return.

• Like 1