I RENTED A MOTORBIKE IN MANDAUE FOR 1 WEEK. WHERE SHOULD WE GO?

P_X
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Don't limit yourself due to the puppy, surprisingly many venues and motels allow dogs in PI.  Yes, it's a little bit of a pain carting them around on a bike but if you don't have one of the "flashier" bikes like an Nmax or Honda PCX/ADV that doesn't have an open foot well because that's where they put the fuel tank, your pup will learn very quickly to sit at your feet and probably love it with the wind blowing on them.  I know our boys do.  

It's a Honda "Beat". Just a little thing.  I might try a test run around the neighborhood just to see how the puppy reacts cuz It'd be nice to go further away

5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Depends on what you like, perhaps Google, The Little Amsterdam ( probably a 5-hour trip each way)

Or 10,000 Roses of Cebu just after dark.

Nice. Yes we went to 10k roses a couple weeks ago. It was kinda funny to me because I was born in Portland which is called "the city of roses"..on our way there I was saying things like, "wow roses in the philippines " and "this'll be cool to see how they grow them" and etc. When we arrived and I saw the plastic ones I started to chuckle. I obviously expected real flowers. 😂 

The language barrier strikes again haha. My wife speaks decent English but in times like that I have to wonder what else she just "nods along to" 😂 

5 hours ago, RBM said:

Nice run over the trans central to Blamban, even down to Torledo if time. Heaps of things to do and see on that route.

♥  Actually we have a plan to head up there. We went up there last month..my wife's family has a farm there. I think we're gunna ride that route on Monday 

5 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Do I remember rightly that you mentioned that Lantaw native floating resto closed down over near 10,000 flowers?  If so, it's a pity.  Best location of the Lantaws by far. 

We went to 10k roses and ate at the Lantaw. I don't know what it was like before but it's over the water right now. But not floating 

5 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Toledo is a really nice spot, we have family over there and visit every now and then and as you say, plenty to see and do. It's also a really nice drive from Cebu road.  

Nice. In fact the primary reason I rented it is because I wanna go to toledo.  I'm a long-time gold miner and I hear they do a Lotta mining that way. I always like to see those types of ops

5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is quite possible that your legs and back will be killing you after being on the bike all day.  I did 8 hours each way on a Honda Click one day and had to stop for a massage after about 14 hours as the aches and pains got to be too much.

But the die hard bikers don't seem to feel it.

Brother..I rode around for 5 hours with breaks yesterday and my back is toast 😂 so I can imagine 😂 

3 hours ago, Gator said:

Can stop at Tops. Nice view overlooking the city. 

I'll Google that. Thanks 

3 hours ago, Old55 said:

The cross island road from Tabunok Talisay to Toledo City is a good ride stopping at the mountains divide Cafe Cloud then return. 

Same type ride would be the cross island road from Lahug up to Temple Of Leah the continuing on to Sirao Garden and return.

Nice man. My wife wants to see sirao island.  Might have to put that one on the list 👍 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, P_X said:

We went to 10k roses and ate at the Lantaw. I don't know what it was like before but it's over the water right now. But not floating 

This is what it was like floating in the past 

l3.PNG

This is what it was when it really floated out to sea or somewhere. 

l2.PNG

And now rebuilt

l1.PNG

• Like 2

P_X
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is what it was like floating in the past 

l3.PNG

This is what it was when it really floated out to sea or somewhere. 

l2.PNG

And now rebuilt

I guess so. It was dark.  I sat near the railing so it seemed like we were over the water. It was a nice, romantic kind of vibe