6 month visas

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Has anyone been successful in getting a 6 month visa, if so which BI office?

tia

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Yes, every time.  Dumaguete though so not much help to you.  There's 4 tiers of BI office with regards to what they can do.  All but the lowest tier can process 6 month extensions; best to check with your local office and if they can't do it they can point you in the right direction.  The BI website is not always accurate.  

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks. The local satellite office will only issue 2 month extensions.  Which is why I originated the post , maybe just maybe I will get a reply from someone that has been there done that.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Go to a main office but then again Mactan satellite office offer 6 months.  Also as said many times you can not get it until you're done your extensions up to the ARC stage which I know you already have.

Somewhere there is a list of what each office does but I can not find it right now. Or ask on BI Facebook, they will answer in Messenger but may not answer your question :laugh:

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks. Appreciate it.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, BrettGC said:

There's 4 tiers of BI office with regards to what they can do.  All but the lowest tier can process 6 month extensions; best to check with your local office and if they can't do it they can point you in the right direction.  

Just a slight addendum; CDO BI will do 6 months extensions but not for tourist VISA holders (as is the case with a number of other BI branches).

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

but not for tourist VISA holders

:89: Can I ask who else needs extensions other than Tourist ( 9a) Visas ?

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Can I ask who else needs extensions other than Tourist ( 9a) Visas ?

That was my thought also... but I didn't want to create a problem (I did ask again at another visit).

Edited by GeoffH
  • I'm Confused 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

That was my thought also... but I didn't want to create a problem (I did ask again at another visit).

The superviser was dismissive of my request after the counter person called them over (walked off straight away after saying NO), even though I was being totally polite.

I didn't want to end up arguing with BI staff is what I mean, that could end badly for me.

Edited by GeoffH

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

When on a tourist visa I was refused a 6 month in Calapan where I had previously received one.  They even had the order on the wall highlighting 6 month visas but they just decided they would no longer do them. I pointed out the order on the wall and they just said " our office, our rules." Might have been to do with additional Express Lane fees. 

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1