6 month visas

P_X
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Has anyone been successful in getting a 6 month visa, if so which BI office?

tia

I got a 6 month at mactan just last month.  They offered me 1,2, or 6. I took 6.

It was 11k +. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

they just said " our office, our rules."

I was told the same by the head of the Dumaguete BI but that was a while ago.  He was just explaining that the issuing of 6 month visas was discretionary and up to the "In charge".  Eventually he came around and let tourists have the 6 month visa if they also paid "express lane" fees.

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, P_X said:

I got a 6 month at mactan just last month.  They offered me 1,2, or 6. I took 6.

It was 11k +. 

It was so expensive due to you having to pay for your ACR card as well, which unfortunately is annually on a tourist visa.  

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

A small update... I went into BI today to do a 2 month extension (which normally needs an ACR card) and they asked if I had my ACR card from my previous visit with me.

I said "No mam, it wasn't ready when I visit BI the last trip before I leave the country".

She looked away and spoke to a co-worker and then came back after a few minutes and lo and behold there was my ACR card... the one from last year... all new and shiny.

She then carefully explained that it would expire in 1 months time and I'd have to come back to BI to get another one (before my new VISA extension runs out) :whistling:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Haha 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

lo and behold there was my ACR card... the one from last year... all new and shiny.

Unfortunately Geoff, This is often the case with those members and many more out there when you do 6 months here and 6 months at Home or anywhere else, as we know, it is what it is  :console:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, GeoffH said:

She then carefully explained that it would expire in 1 months time and I'd have to come back to BI to get another one (before my new VISA extension runs out)

That's news to me.  I used to get the 6 month one and if the ACR expired during the 6 months then the Dumaguete office girl said not to worry about it until my next renewal.  But its been 4 years since I did that so must be a new thing.

• Like 1