Brand New Landers Store In Angeles - Flooding!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think the new Landers opened on Thursday or Friday.  People waited for hours to get in.  They had heavy rains tonight and look what happened.  You should be able to see this short video if you have a Facebook account.

https://www.facebook.com/100000569727977/videos/pcb.6721714967857427/1295411604656592

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• OnMyWay changed the title to Brand New Landers Store In Angeles - Flooding!
Gator
Posted
Posted

With that much water on the floor I’m surprised they allowed ppl to still wander around and they didn’t close immediately. Quite dangerous, not only for slipping and falling, but electrocution. I wonder if they’re going to rename the store from Landers to Waters? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Ha.. we know where we live.. so weve all seen this many times... call the roofing guy and hope he hasnt run off or was pre-paid

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Freebie said:

Ha.. we know where we live.. so weve all seen this many times... call the roofing guy and hope he hasnt run off or was pre-paid

Get the vulca seal out.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We had similar when a new mall opened near us a few months back - not quite as bad as in the above video.

I just wonder why these issues were not picked up previously when it rained.  

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I just wonder why these issues were not picked up previously when it rained.  

Haven’t had much rain here in recent weeks. A few sporadic late afternoon / evening thunderstorms in the area. Perhaps the roof was fine and something was recently added that required holes being made or drilled into it. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gator said:

With that much water on the floor I’m surprised they allowed ppl to still wander around and they didn’t close immediately. Quite dangerous, not only for slipping and falling, but electrocution. I wonder if they’re going to rename the store from Landers to Waters? 🤣

Take your own risks in the Philippines!  No ambulance chasers here!

I think there was a high risk of the roof collapsing.  Here is another video of people standing around there.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Reminds me of the construction fail at Gaisano Town Center Mall in Moalboal.  It opened about five or six years ago.  In less than a year they had to start replacing the 60cm floor tiles.  They are still replacing even now.  As you push your cart can hear the bad tiles, "click click click" = good, "thrum, thrum, thrum" = bad.  Also a lot of tiles that are cracked as well as areas marked off with tape that under repair.  Fairly certain that 100% of the tile will need to be replaced.  

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Reminds me of the construction fail at Gaisano Town Center Mall in Moalboal.  It opened about five or six years ago.  In less than a year they had to start replacing the 60cm floor tiles.  They are still replacing even now.  As you push your cart can hear the bad tiles, "click click click" = good, "thrum, thrum, thrum" = bad.  Also a lot of tiles that are cracked as well as areas marked off with tape that under repair.  Fairly certain that 100% of the tile will need to be replaced.  

Ayala Harbor Point Mall here in Subic is like that.  Opened at Christmas 2012 when I first visited.  Tiles have been cracking for the past 10 years and usually there are several spots under repair.  Even after replacement they break again.  I think the tiles are thin and poor quality, but it also has something to do with the concrete and tile adhesive.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Gator said:

Haven’t had much rain here in recent weeks. A few sporadic late afternoon / evening thunderstorms in the area. Perhaps the roof was fine and something was recently added that required holes being made or drilled into it. 

When it started to rain hard and the water was collecting on the roof they probably drilled some drain holes.

We are supposed to get some good rain next week.  I am having my roof worked on right now, so I need a good test!

Screenshot (981).png