Brand New Landers Store In Angeles - Flooding!

Rooster
Posted
Posted
On 4/30/2023 at 10:56 PM, OnMyWay said:

I think the new Landers opened on Thursday or Friday.  People waited for hours to get in.  They had heavy rains tonight and look what happened.  You should be able to see this short video if you have a Facebook account.

https://www.facebook.com/100000569727977/videos/pcb.6721714967857427/1295411604656592

We went there yesterday with intent on shopping. They sell virtually the same products as S&R but at a higher price so we just walked around then went to S&R and bought all we needed.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Rooster said:

We went there yesterday with intent on shopping. They sell virtually the same products as S&R but at a higher price so we just walked around then went to S&R and bought all we needed.

Did they make you join before walking around?

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I had already joined 2 months ago during construction. They had a small white building in front of Landers near the gas station advertising memberships for p300 so I went inside and joined. They also gave me a temporary gas card. I'm not sure what the membership cost is now. I know S&R allows non members to enter to look first before they join, perhaps Landers will allow it as well.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Reminds me of the construction fail at Gaisano Town Center Mall in Moalboal.  It opened about five or six years ago.  In less than a year they had to start replacing the 60cm floor tiles.  They are still replacing even now.  As you push your cart can hear the bad tiles, "click click click" = good, "thrum, thrum, thrum" = bad.  Also a lot of tiles that are cracked as well as areas marked off with tape that under repair.  Fairly certain that 100% of the tile will need to be replaced.  

4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Ayala Harbor Point Mall here in Subic is like that.  Opened at Christmas 2012 when I first visited.  Tiles have been cracking for the past 10 years and usually there are several spots under repair.  Even after replacement they break again.  I think the tiles are thin and poor quality, but it also has something to do with the concrete and tile adhesive.

Same in our local SM City.  And, my living room/kitchen/bedroom area within a year of us moving in (builder took care of removing whole lot and replacing with wood flooring FOC) - it seems the main issue is that 60cm tiles have more of a tendency to be less than flat thus more susceptible to 'wobbling.'   They need much more care when laying than smaller sizes.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 5/1/2023 at 11:13 AM, jimeve said:

Get the vulca seal out.

Do they sell than in 55 gallon drums? :hystery:

• Haha 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

They will allow you in without first joining. Currently the cost of membership is being offered at a 50% discount, so it's 350 pesos (only, lol). I had a membership from when I was living in Cebu and still had my old members ID card, so I just renewed mine when I checked out (no need to wait at customer service). 

22 hours ago, Rooster said:

I was there yesterday as well. While I do agree that they sell many of the same products, the same as Metro vs SM vs Robinsons, they also sell quite a few different products as well and not all are in jumbo quantities; such as small and larger cans of the "Bush's Best" brand baked beans (never seen them at S&R), small and large jars of imported spanish olives and the same with USA branded pickles. I can't speak to the pricing as I don't shop at S&R often enough to know them, but Landers was running quite a few promos and from I could tell the prices in general seemed to me to be about the same or yes, perhaps a little more. I did like that Landers has a larger produce area, a large area that sells fresh fish and a larger baked goods section. I don't eat much beef, but I also noticed they had a nice selection of beef imported from Brazil. The next time I go will try some of their ground beef and maybe a small steak. The restaurant area was nicer too (I didn't try anything as I didn't have time), comfy looking chairs instead of the picnic tables / hard benches at S&R. Landers for some may be a bit more "upscale" than S&R, but I for one will continue to shop there as I did find several products that I like (and am willing to pay for) that I have never seen at S&R. That's not to say I won't shop at S&R anymore, IMHO it's just nice to have an alternative.

• Like 1