So my wife has been eating like a pig...

P_X
Posted
Posted

And then she missed her period.  We took a pregnancy test and of course,  it was positive. 

I'm happy about it of course.  It's a blessing.  A little bit nervous about it due to my age. Was wondering,  how old were some of you guys when you became a dad in the Philippines?

• Love it 1

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted

Maybe your age is common knowledge here and, as a newbie, who just signed up and on a short lead, under moderation, it's impertinent for me to ask.  It just seems to me that if you want guys here to tell you their age at time of becoming a dad, you should go first, and tell us that vital statistic about yourself.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, P_X said:

And then she missed her period.  We took a pregnancy test and of course,  it was positive. 

I'm happy about it of course.  It's a blessing.  A little bit nervous about it due to my age. Was wondering,  how old were some of you guys when you became a dad in the Philippines?

Oh dear, what was her reaction when you explained you had a vasectomy 20 years ago?  :laugh: Just joking, congrats :tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Congratulations P_X!  Your wife seems a very nice lady you've done well. 

I was fifty three when we had our youngest son. My wife was 44.

Edited by Old55
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Hestecrefter said:

Maybe your age is common knowledge here and, as a newbie, who just signed up and on a short lead, under moderation, it's impertinent for me to ask.  It just seems to me that if you want guys here to tell you their age at time of becoming a dad, you should go first, and tell us that vital statistic about yourself.

The age question was his to ask as he wished. If you have something useful to add please do so.  

Every new member is subject to mild moderation at first. You're not being treated any differently. :tiphat:

• Like 1

Hestecrefter
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

The age question was his to ask as he wished. If you have something useful to add please do so.  

Every new member is subject to mild moderation at first. You're not being treated any differently. :tiphat:

Did'nt mean to ruffle any feathers.  Of course his question to ask as he wished.  Just seemed to me that, if one is asking for personal information of the sort, one should lead with it.  Kinda' like "'l'll show you mine, If you'll show me yours".  I would think that approach would generate more replies, that's all.  I became a dad at what I would consider a late age.  But, what one regards as as old for becoming a father has a fair subjective element to it and, I would see it as helpful to know at the start what the OP sees as being a late bloomer.   If the OP said he was 60 and I thought I got a late start at 35, I would refrain from responding to the question.  

Forgive the moderation comment.  Initial moderation is the norm, I know, on most forums.  My comment about being on a short lead was not intended as a reproach.  Bad attempt at humour, I would say.  

I have much to learn about the tenor and etiquette of this forum.  All are different and have evolved differently, usually a function of the style early members.  Best for  newbie like me to keep quiet until having read a lot of what exists here already, to get the flavor of the place and whether one will fit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Hestecrefter said:

Forgive the moderation comment.  Initial moderation is the norm, I know, on most forums.  My comment about being on a short lead was not intended as a reproach.  Bad attempt at humour, I would say.  

I have much to learn about the tenor and etiquette of this forum.  All are different and have evolved differently, usually a function of the style early members.  Best for  newbie like me to keep quiet until having read a lot of what exists here already, to get the flavor of the place and whether one will fit. 

No harm done Hestecrefter. :smile:

I agree with you. Every forum kinda has it's own etiquette so no need to keep quiet you will fit in fine. 

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Something similar happened to a relative who remarried.  Speculation during a family gathering centered around who of us would still be around for his graduation.  

• Like 1