My Motor Vehicle Accident

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, mountainside said:

...but I secretly want a car too.  And a driver I get along with. 

A little secret...me too on both counts! 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I wouldn't call the new AC equipped PUVs 'jeepneys'... they're buses

Shhh.  Keep that under your hat or the Jeepney Mafia will go on strike.  For some reason they are proud of being Jeepney drivers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I wouldn't call the new AC equipped PUVs 'jeepneys'... they're buses (because there is zero relationship, even styling, to the old WW2 jeeps).

Unless you're getting long bonnet, jeep 'styled', sealed and AC equipped ones out of an existing Jeepney maker?

You can Call them what you like but that's what it is now, like it or lump it. Modern Jeepneys is the term used everywhere here. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Lee
Posted
Posted

Kinda rolled up on this accident today while driving in town.  I suspect that the driver is probably not from around here.

never-give-a-sucker-wc-fields-car-wreck.jpg 

• Haha 3

Lee
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Joe LP said:

While there, some locals in another accident came in and then started to accuse our friend of being the cause their accident and were looking for him to pay all the bills.

Something similar happened here locally.

A long time, well known American pastor was driving down one of the main streets here in town. Up ahead he witnessed an accident involving a car and a motorcycle. The driver of the car was at fault and the motorcyclist was banged up pretty good. He pulls up behind the accident and watches for a bit. Seeing a lull in the action, he walks up to the motorcyclist and hands him his business card. He tells him that he saw the whole thing and can testify as such.

A few days later, metro police show up at the pastors door to arrest him for leaving the scene of an accident. The two drivers in the accident had conspired to shift the blame for the accident onto the American----no doubt because they felt the payday might turn out to be a little better. The case ended up in courts with the American eventually dying of Covid.

This incident always impressed upon me that the best course is for ex-pats to NEVER get involved in situations like this as the results will often end poorly. The pastor later admitted that the best thing that he could have done that fateful day would have been to turn his car around and drive back the way he had just come.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lee said:

This incident always impressed upon me that the best course is for ex-pats to NEVER get involved in situations like this as the results will often end poorly. The pastor later admitted that the best thing that he could have done that fateful day would have been to turn his car around and drive back the way he had just come.

Damn, good advice but for many of us hard to do.  I'll remember that if I'm ever put in that position. 

• Like 5