Bataan's Nuclear Power Plant.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What could possibly go wrong if this had been built? 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

What could possibly go wrong if this had been built? 

Well presented video, enjoyed it,

Have read there is talk of an American company installing 3 small nuclear plants in future.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If done right nuclear power would be highly useful to Philippines and reduce the average Filipinos utility's cost. The down side is waste management and facilities maintenance there can be no short cuts in those.

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Old55 said:

If done right nuclear power would be highly useful to Philippines and reduce the average Filipinos utility's cost. The down side is waste management and facilities maintenance there can be no short cuts in those.

What could possibly go wrong.:bomb_80_anim_gif:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

That is the problem.  I think some of the new nuclear power options can be done safely.  I don't think it can be done in the Philippines safely.  The video touches on some of the reasons why, with corruption being the largest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That is the problem.  I think some of the new nuclear power options can be done safely.  I don't think it can be done in the Philippines safely.  The video touches on some of the reasons why, with corruption being the largest.

I have some faith that there are certain lines that wouldn't be crossed and having a nuclear event that brought worldwide attention to them may be just about enough of a deterent to all but ensure corruption was less likely.

Now,  before I get all the expected replies I did say some faith. I would expect that pretty much the whole process from start to finish and ongoing running would have to be overseen by an outside entity.

The idea that a useful energy source that would improve the lives of people here not being an option due to corruprion concerns is downright depressing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The idea that a useful energy source that would improve the lives of people here not being an option due to corruprion concerns is downright depressing. 

Yes, it is depressing.  The corruption here is depressing.  Since Marcos Sr.'s time, do you thing corruption here is better, worse, or the same?

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, hk blues said:

I have some faith that there are certain lines that wouldn't be crossed and having a nuclear event that brought worldwide attention to them may be just about enough of a deterent to all but ensure corruption was less likely.

Now,  before I get all the expected replies I did say some faith. I would expect that pretty much the whole process from start to finish and ongoing running would have to be overseen by an outside entity.

Think of the international financial assistance they would get if there was a nuclear disaster though. Almost worth making it happen. :whistling:

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Think of the international financial assistance they would get if there was a nuclear disaster though. Almost worth making it happen. :whistling:

Stop giving them new ideas to generate revenue. :hystery:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 5/7/2023 at 11:52 AM, OnMyWay said:

Yes, it is depressing.  The corruption here is depressing.  Since Marcos Sr.'s time, do you thing corruption here is better, worse, or the same?

I've only been here 8 years so I don't have a good amount of data.  All I can say Is living the life I do, and where I am, the influence of corruption is negligible - I'm not saying it isn't there, of course it is, but I don't feel it in my daily life.

• Like 3