Visayas electricity running out of stock?

Possum
Posted
Posted

The electrical distribution system in the Philippines is scattered over a several agencies. There is little accountability from any of them. There is a Chinese owned company that controls the distribution system the National Grid System of the Philippines. They try to balance the generating capacity to the load. They have my sympathy as the power generators in the Philippines do not spend money on preventing outages thru regular maintenance. They deal in crisis management which allows them to ask for increased rates from the ERC.  Corruption and mismanagement gives the Philippines some of the highest rates among southeast Asian countries.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, jimeve said:

Heat index on Negros Oriental has been 39 c. (heat index= feels like)

Same here in Moalboal for about the past week or so.   Strange weather year much more rain during the rainy season and now hotter and dryer than normal.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Same here in Moalboal for about the past week or so.   Strange weather year much more rain during the rainy season and now hotter and dryer than normal.

Another hot day. Heard lot's of thunder last night but no rain. Our lawn's turned brown lack of rain and I'm not going to waste my water with watering the brown grass.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Another hot day. Heard lot's of thunder last night but no rain. Our lawn's turned brown lack of rain and I'm not going to waste my water with watering the brown grass.

Same here.  The wife says it will green back up when rainy season starts.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 5/14/2023 at 10:00 AM, jimeve said:

Wow, current heat index is 43 here in Moalboal (Wednesday @ 11:30 am).  Gonna be a scorcher.   Sitting in front of the a fan underneath a ceiling fan sipping a cold drink and trying to decide what to have for lunch that does not require cooking.

samatm
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Wow, current heat index is 43 here in Moalboal (Wednesday @ 11:30 am).  Gonna be a scorcher.   Sitting in front of the a fan underneath a ceiling fan sipping a cold drink and trying to decide what to have for lunch that does not require cooking.

not to derail the Thread but I see you are in Moalboal.   Is there a thread or anything about living in Moalboal.    I'd love to get out Cebu City and head down if it works out.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, samatm said:

not to derail the Thread but I see you are in Moalboal.   Is there a thread or anything about living in Moalboal.    I'd love to get out Cebu City and head down if it works out.

Samatm, feel free to start a new topic about living in Moalboal. 

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Samatm, feel free to start a new topic about living in Moalboal. 

Okie will do...  Oh I see you are newbie here   only 14 yrs 6 months.. :)   

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, samatm said:

not to derail the Thread 

:SugarwareZ-037:   :571c66d400c8c_1(103):   :bonk: 

Something never change here ... :whatever:

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Visayas electricity running out of stock?

• Like 1