Puerta Princessa Palawan

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Strange coincidence!  Ran into a neighbor here at Astoria.  He lives 2 blocks from us in Subic!

Stalker :hystery:

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Mike J said:

Stalker :hystery:

Actually I guess I would be the stalker as his 7 days here ended today.  😁

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 5/21/2023 at 4:07 AM, starrt said:

The food is good, always a buffet breakfast, and the menu, although a bit on the small side for selection, is ok.

I wrote this on Saturday and I guess I forgot to send.  It was save in the editor.

We had the Astoria dinner buffet tonight and it was excellent!  Good selection of international dishes and everything I tried was tasty!  Gave myself a one night break from keto and splurged.  They have a good gym so I will see if I can drag myself in there tomorrow.

I don't think we will return though.  They don't really have a beach.  Waterpark was ok today but not the same caliber as something like Aqua Planet in Clark.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

So we moved from Astoria to an AirBNB in Puerto Princesa on Sunday.  Unfortunately my two young daughters started getting sick on Saturday afternoon, then me late Sunday.  My wife was very worried so we found a pedia yesterday and took the kids.  They have some meds and are getting better.  Yesterday was a rough day for me but better now.

Hoping to do some of the city tour later if the weather cooperates.  Our Airbnb is close to Bakers Hill and Mitras Ranch.  We went to the boardwalk last night even though we were not feeling great.

I can only compare to Olongapo and Angeles, but Puerta Princesa seems more provincial, even though it is a large city.  Traffic is tolerable. One thing I don't miss is parking guys.  I have not seen one here and in Olongapo they are everywhere.

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hope you all recover quickly Don.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This trip was mostly a bust.  Astoria was nice but some of us were too sick to enjoy 4 nights in PPC.  Mainly my 9 year old.  She didn't improve much until today, just in time for departure.  Shit happens!

• Sad 4