What is the Housing Market like in the Philippines?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, hk blues said:I wasn't aware folk would buy a house but not the land it's build on.  

This stupid person built a house on land that he thought was part of his great plan , but was soon reminded that the house might be his but the land is there’s , a very quick reminder that you may be married to one of the family but your not real family 

• I'm Confused 2
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

This stupid person built a house on land that he thought was part of his great plan , but was soon reminded that the house might be his but the land is there’s , a very quick reminder that you may be married to one of the family but your not real family 

Yep.  And I for one would never want to test my wife's loyalty to me versus her family.  And, my wife's family are decent folk but still blood is always thicker than water. 

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Rooster said:

Would you kindly explain this comment that the house does not come with the land in The Philippines? 

In the US the community developer is also the house builder, so you make one purchase for land and house together, which they then build to your specs.

In the Philippines, the developer only sells the land, so Filipinos buy it up with or (usually) without also building a house.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Rooster said:

How is purchasing ones home so one doesn't have to pay rent for  40 years or for the rest of ones life a Filipino mindset when virtually everyone on planet earth who has the financial means to do so purchases their home to build equity and so they are not paying for rent?

Virtually everyone on the planet purchases their home in their own name, your wife got you to buy hers, in her name, thus the "Filipino mindset". :chickendance:

• Like 2

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

Virtually everyone on the planet purchases their home in their own name, your wife got you to buy hers, in her name, thus the "Filipino mindset". :chickendance:

The Land Title is in her name, on the Title it Indicates I am the owner of the House. It states the House & Lot can't be sold, rented, occupied, etc. without my Concurrence. House/Land was paid for many years ago. We're free from any land masters unlike those who rent. "American Mindset".

:28:

Edited by Rooster

Rooster
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

In the Philippines, the developer only sells the land, so Filipinos buy it up with or (usually) without also building a house.

That's not true. There are many developments in The Philippines where there are huge Developments where the house and lot are sold together. One example, drive from Angeles City to Manila on the NLEX, on the right as you near San Fernando City there are hundreds of houses being built and sold by developers. :chickendance:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Rooster said:

The Land Title is in her name, on the Title it Indicates I am the owner of the House. It states the House & Lot can't be sold, rented, occupied, etc. without my Concurrence. House/Land was paid for many years ago. We're free from any land masters unlike those who rent. "American Mindset".

:28:

Purely hypothetically speaking if a wife has had enough of her husband and they have a home in both names all it takes is a few tears, complaint to the Barangay and DSWD about how the husband is abusive and she is frightened for her life, backed up by a family member obviously and you will be out the house before you know it.

13A cancelled, back onto a tourist visa which with a black mark against you means you could be kicked out of the country and good luck fighting a court case from back home.  

Now if the land was leased in your name you have some protection. Scottish mindset. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😁😁

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 4
  • Love it 1

"P2"
Posted
Posted

Here in the US when you have a house built or sell/buy an existing house, before the sale is final a home inspection is done by a certified home inspector to insure that the home meets code and there is nothing structurally wrong with it. If the inspector does find issues then that is immediately communicated to the homeowner so he can either fix them or make an amendment to the purchasing contract and allocate money to the purchaser so they can fix it. But either way both parties are made aware. Do they do home inspections on the house as part of the selling/buying process or is the house sold "as is"?

Cola Cubes
Posted
Posted

Mmmm..... Have you bounced this off other Attorneys?

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Purely hypothetically speaking if a wife has had enough of her husband and they have a home in both names all it takes is a few tears, complaint to the Barangay and DSWD about how the husband is abusive and she is frightened for her life, backed up by a family member obviously and you will be out the house before you know it.

13A cancelled, back onto a tourist visa which with a black mark against you means you could be kicked out of the country and good luck fighting a court case from back home.  

Now if the land was leased in your name you have some protection. Scottish mindset. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😁😁

If it came to that, no problem. I'll just move in with one of my girlfriends, downgrade my 13A to a 9A Tourist Visa & apply for an SRRV.  LOL

Laws were changed years ago Bro regarding leasing property from your spouse.  I had the 25 year Lease, renewable at my discretion for another 25 years. Leasing conjugal property to a husband or wife is no longer allowed The Philippines. The contract will be voided which is why Expats now are amending their Titles to owning The house and any structures on the land can be owned by the foreigner husband. I suggest you speak to a reputable Attorney, Your Scottish Mindset needs to be updated to current law. LOL

https://www.alburolaw.com/persons-disqualified-to-become-lessees/

Edited by Rooster