What is the Housing Market like in the Philippines?

Rooster
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

If you think it's that simple you have to learn about life in the Philippines. I mean, you believed that your house has a title. :chickendance:

And you're agreeing or disagreeing about my guess at what a judge may or may not do.

Only a buffoon or a Troll would reply with such nonsense.

It's useless to discuss issues with you when you constantly reply spewing nonsense.

No Christmas presents for you this year!

:28:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Rooster said:

ping pong.png :popcorn:

• Haha 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

ping pong.png :popcorn:

You beat me to the punch by about a minute.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes.  It's reasonably common.  Larry, (R.I.P.) built a brick house in Valencia on rented land and had no trouble.  A German Canadian (whose name escapes me) built one on rented land in Sibulan.  In this case the "land"lord came by once a month to collect and was too chummy for my liking.  Then there is Jimmy in Bacong who rented a cheap and crappy house/land with the negotiated agreement to lease it for life and the ability to build up the house to whatever standards he likes.  The house is beautiful now and the rent is still the same (10k a month I think).

Of course, these are just anecdotal instances designed to show that it is reasonably common.  Sometimes it works well and sometimes there are headaches attached.

Thanks. 

I still believe that here the more common scenario is to buy/build house and lot rather than house only with rented lot.  The statement that people here don't buy the land when they buy/build a house seems simply wrong  - I and all my neighbours are examples and I don't think we are exceptions.  

As an aside, in the UK we have 2 types of land ownership systems - Freehold where we own the land and Leasehold where we pay annual rent to the landowner.   

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Conversation:

Foreigner to BI:  I'm here to renew my 13a

BI:  Where's your wife.

Foreigner:  She is not with me any more.

BI:  Then you are here illegally.  You will pay fine and you must get tourist visa.

(If in doubt, try it out.  Or just lie to the BI and hope the wife says nothing to them.)

Does the 13a get renewed though?  Having gone through the process I believe it's the ACR card that is renewed (every 5 years) and when I went to the BI to renew I was alone and they didn't ask where my wife was.  Interestingly, whilst the form does require us to detail our spouse's details they are not required to sign the form.  So, unless the spouse shows up and makes a fuss it seems the ACR can be renewed regardless of the state of the marriage.  

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted

11 hours ago, Rooster said:

It's useless to discuss issues with you when you constantly reply spewing nonsense.

k, post a pic of this:

11 hours ago, Rooster said:

on the Title it Indicates I am the owner of the House.

I understand if you don't want to post it through for privacy comedy reasons. :chickendance:

8 hours ago, hk blues said:

when I went to the BI to renew I was alone and they didn't ask where my wife was.  Interestingly, whilst the form does require us to detail our spouse's details they are not required to sign the form.  So, unless the spouse shows up and makes a fuss it seems the ACR can be renewed regardless of the state of the marriage. 

Facts, but it's not just that the wife doesn't need to be there, the 13a husband doesn't even need to be there either; the entire process can be done by a third party agent.

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Kingpin said:

k, post a pic of this:

I understand if you don't want to post it through for privacy comedy reasons. :chickendance:

Facts, but it's not just that the wife doesn't need to be there, the 13a husband doesn't even need to be there either; the entire process can be done by a third party agent.

"Ugly American" is a stereotype depicting American citizens as exhibiting loud, arrogant, demeaning, thoughtless, ignorant, and ethnocentric behavior mainly abroad, but also at home. Pejorative term for Americans traveling or living abroad who remain ignorant of local culture and judge everything by American standards

Please Forgive my fellow countryman and his meaningless rants for not all of us fit the stereotype of The "Ugly American".  No Christmas Presents for perpetuity for this Troll.

:28:.

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Rooster said:

ignorant of local culture

Good you're admitting your "house title" is cultural and not, ya know, legal. :chickendance:

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 5/25/2023 at 9:34 PM, Kingpin said:

Actually Kingpin is correct on this, but if a BI officer asked you about your wife, and you lied to them, I am sure that is illegal and could result in consequences.  They never said anything to me about my wife when I visited Angeles BI for renewal.  I ended up using an agent for other reasons.

On 5/25/2023 at 12:56 PM, hk blues said:

Interestingly, whilst the form does require us to detail our spouse's details they are not required to sign the form.

Do you have your recent form handy?  I can't find mine right now.  The blank one the BI website is dated 2015 and only has "If applicant is married, indicate the name and citizenship/nationality of spouse:".  Nothing about residence, etc.  So if you are not with your spouse (separated, etc.) , and the officer does not ask, your form is truthful.

However, if the newer forms have more spouse information, and you lie, even if she is not required to sign, you sign with the declaration that all info is truthful.

They do some checking for derogatory records, so if your wife has filed something, it would probably get picked up.  Technically, I'm sure a wife can terminate a 13A.  A lawyer might help but you would probably just be paying the lawyer to help you convert to another visa, IMHO.

https://elibrary.judiciary.gov.ph/thebookshelf/showdocs/10/78473

The dissolution of marriage by declaration of nullity, annulment, legal separation or separation de facto between the foreign husband and Filipino wife shall operate as a ground for the revocation of the foreign husband’s Non-Quota Immigrant Visa under C.A. No. 613, Section 13(a) or TRV, except:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Actually Kingpin is correct on this, but if a BI officer asked you about your wife, and you lied to them, I am sure that is illegal and could result in consequences.  They never said anything to me about my wife when I visited Angeles BI for renewal.  I ended up using an agent for other reasons.

Do you have your recent form handy?  I can't find mine right now.  The blank one the BI website is dated 2015 and only has "If applicant is married, indicate the name and citizenship/nationality of spouse:".  Nothing about residence, etc.  So if you are not with your spouse (separated, etc.) , and the officer does not ask, your form is truthful.

However, if the newer forms have more spouse information, and you lie, even if she is not required to sign, you sign with the declaration that all info is truthful.

They do some checking for derogatory records, so if your wife has filed something, it would probably get picked up.  Technically, I'm sure a wife can terminate a 13A.  A lawyer might help but you would probably just be paying the lawyer to help you convert to another visa, IMHO.

https://elibrary.judiciary.gov.ph/thebookshelf/showdocs/10/78473

The dissolution of marriage by declaration of nullity, annulment, legal separation or separation de facto between the foreign husband and Filipino wife shall operate as a ground for the revocation of the foreign husband’s Non-Quota Immigrant Visa under C.A. No. 613, Section 13(a) or TRV, except:

I did my renewal in 2020 and the form asks for only spouses name and nationality so as long as you're still married you're not breaking any laws by filling in the form.  As you say though, if the officer asks any questions and you lie then that's a totally different matter. 

• Like 2