Red Ribbon U.S. Prices!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This shocked me.  They opened a second Red Ribbon in San Antonio, TX.  People made long lines.  Someone posted the price list.  $40 for a dedication cake that costs around $13 (~700p) here in PH.

349327310_1548426529017777_7639372343947729177_n.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don't see anything to be shocked about. What is the rent cost compared to two different countries, salary, electric bla bla? 

• Like 5

Major Tom
Posted
Posted

The customers that I see at Red Ribbon Stores in the US are more than happy to pay the price. The same goes for Jollibee shops in the US.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Major Tom said:

The customers that I see at Red Ribbon Stores in the US are more than happy to pay the price. The same goes for Jollibee shops in the US.

Same here, 99% Filipino Americans.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My wife and I love the Black Forest cake.  Not sure I would buy it if in the US at almost $40, probably find a recipe and make my own.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Mike J said:

My wife and I love the Black Forest cake.  Not sure I would buy it if in the US at almost $40, probably find a recipe and make my own.

For $40 in the US you can surely find a German Bakery that makes an authentic Black Forest cake.  The kind that is "to die for"

Major Tom
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

Same here, 99% Filipino Americans.

Many of which are with their Kano hubbies who are extremely happy to see the lovely smiles and sparkling eyes of their beautiful Filipina wives when they get a taste of their homeland.

• Like 1

Major Tom
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

For $40 in the US you can surely find a German Bakery that makes an authentic Black Forest cake.  The kind that is "to die for"

But the average Filipina prefers the taste of a Red Ribbon cake (all types).

It's not a matter of cost!

Just think about the US expats in the Philippines who willingly pay ridiculous amounts of money at butchers, supermarkets, etc. just to get a taste of their homeland.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

Many of which are with their Kano hubbies who are extremely happy to see the lovely smiles and sparkling eyes of their beautiful Filipina wives when they get a taste of their homeland.

Not in our area it's about 99% Filipino American.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I don't see anything to be shocked about. What is the rent cost compared to two different countries, salary, electric bla bla? 

As someone with a family of 5 on fixed income who is probably moving to San Antonio, and who has been looking at many different cost of living factors for 3 years (gas, rent, groceries), it is a shock to find out that a mass produced 12 X 8 inch birthday cake that we frequently buy here will cost than 300% more in San Antonio.  We will find other options.  $40 is a friggin ripoff.  For a single guy with no kids, I suppose it is nothing to worry about.

Some things like good beef will be a lot cheaper there, and I eat a lot.  I already know I will have to be a cheap charlie to survive.  Looks like Walmart or similar will have me as a frequent shopper.

Screenshot (1005).png

This fully customized cake with handmade edible flowers and matching cupcakes cost me about $32 a few days ago.  I'm sure something like that will be super expensive in the U.S.

349927361_713842003829054_445163998660296737_n.jpg

• Like 1